• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blown Fuse on Headboard...Roland sc545

B13 Signs

Hello,
last week I was screwing around with my printer trying to get my yellow Printerhead to perform better, and I ended up blowing a fuse on the Headboard. I have searched all over and tried to find a replacement state side, but it seems that they are only sold in china so 2 week shipping for a $1.60 part. The part is rare b/c Roland changed it on the next model up of the Soljet, so I have had a real nightmare on my hands trying to get my printer back up and running.

Does anyone know of a temp. fix that can get me running? or do I have to wait for this part to get ship to me?

Thank you,

ProPDF

Hello,
last week I was screwing around with my printer trying to get my yellow Printerhead to perform better, and I ended up blowing a fuse on the Headboard. I have searched all over and tried to find a replacement state side, but it seems that they are only sold in china so 2 week shipping for a $1.60 part. The part is rare b/c Roland changed it on the next model up of the Soljet, so I have had a real nightmare on my hands trying to get my printer back up and running.

Does anyone know of a temp. fix that can get me running? or do I have to wait for this part to get ship to me?

Thank you,
Yeah don't do postal out of china if you need it quick just pay for dhl to your door in 3 days. On another note MacMedia sells the fuses and also will repair the board by putting in sockets to drop new fuses in and out easily like the next generation of soljets so you don't have to keep soldering the boards when they blow. Here is a link below. They are in NY too.

http://www.macmedia.com/parts/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19

B13 Signs

Soo. I got the board updated by MacMedia great guy, dose good work and is very knowledgeable. but now I have another problem with the printer. I go to setup media and it moves about three inches back and forth and kicks out a error "Pinchroll Error Invalid Left Pos" . I replaced the cut cable and the sensor with no luck. It does the same move and error, if I have the cable plugged in or not. So I am thinking I maybe something on the Servo Board,? but I don't want to have to buy a new one. So does any one know what to look for? or if I can use an multi meter to test any thing?

Any info may help....

ProPDF

Soo. I got the board updated by MacMedia great guy, dose good work and is very knowledgeable. but now I have another problem with the printer. I go to setup media and it moves about three inches back and forth and kicks out a error "Pinchroll Error Invalid Left Pos" . I replaced the cut cable and the sensor with no luck. It does the same move and error, if I have the cable plugged in or not. So I am thinking I maybe something on the Servo Board,? but I don't want to have to buy a new one. So does any one know what to look for? or if I can use an multi meter to test any thing?

Any info may help....
Move all your pinch rollers over a roller

B13 Signs

Move all your pinch rollers over a roller
This was the very first thing I tried.

And now I have tried even more. I took the new cut cable and the Cut Cari Board off the printer and tried to run a sheet setup and the same exact error comes up ? Just like if everything was plugged in.... Does this mean that I have a problem with the Servo Board itself?

Does anyone know any other way to test this or narrow it down to any other part?

I also went into the service menu and did a sensor test well the cut cable was unplugged and that said the cut sensor was driving with a (*)
I don't know if that is just an error on its own or normal??

So I am at a total loss and just want to see if there is any other option before I brake down and buy a new servo Board for $700.

any help is appreciated!!!

Jim Hill

When I blew the same fuse on my SP-300V I went to the auto parts store and purchased an inline fuse holder and soldered one end to one side of the fuse and the other end to the other side of the fuse and then installed the correct size fuse. This way if it ever happens again it just a simple matter of changing the fuse and not trying to solder anything onto the mother board.

This is not hard to do if you first twist the small wired together and then solder them first! Then just take the wire and touch it to one side of the fuse and touch it with your soldering iron.

Jim