• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue Factory transfer tape

Kstill361

I just posted this question on another forum. Hopefully someone here can help our search.

Attachments

• E36BF1A1-73A8-4B04-BBC2-DEB3754C14DF.jpeg
    E36BF1A1-73A8-4B04-BBC2-DEB3754C14DF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 205

bannertime

I just posted this question on another forum. Hopefully someone here can help our search.

Are those blue stripes the tape? Can you post a picture of it on and off the decal. I personally don't know of any blue transfer tape, but someone else might recommend it. Any reason it needs to be the blue? Or do you just like it's properties?

Kstill361

Are those blue stripes the tape? Can you post a picture of it on and off the decal. I personally don't know of any blue transfer tape, but someone else might recommend it. Any reason it needs to be the blue? Or do you just like it's properties?

Yes the blue stripe is the release liner showing through, the tape is over a matte black hood decal. It’s still on the decal. I am curious about it because it can be rolled tight to fit in a 3” tube without wrinkles or tunneling. The paper tapes need a larger tube size like 4” or bigger and the cost of the tubes jump significantly along with shipping costs. I currently use transfer rite air mask and it works well, it can be rolled as tight as 2” but I still use 3” tubes. The postal service likes to smash boxes! I still use paper tapes on certain decals like large sunroof decals I sell because the air mask doesn’t release as well when applied wet on glass but releases without issue on painted surfaces. So when I ship a paper taped decal I use an indestructo brand 24” box and still have to insert a 3” core for protection from the postal service. I just like to try and experiment with other tapes , the clarity is better than the airmask and it has me stumped on what brand it is and where to purchase it.

bannertime

I just like to try and experiment with other tapes , the clarity is better than the airmask and it has me stumped on what brand it is and where to purchase it.

I'd start by calling Bron Tapes, R-Tape, and Custom Adhesive Products if none else chimes in.