• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue printing green on JV33

fmg

Hi.
Any pointers would be great.
Blue is printing green on the JV33.
Maybe a new captop?
Anyone care to chime in would be great.
Thanks

4R Graphics

Are you running 4 color mode? if so are both cyans printing green if both are printing green sounds like a possible rip/electrical problem.

If only one of the cyans are printing green then I would say either A. the dampner manifold(the black plastic top) is cracked or from experience the channel divider inside the head is broke and allowing the cyan and yellow inks to mix in the head.

I blew out the seal between yellow and cyan once with a syringe trying to flush head manually to clear up some difflections in yellow.

Other than head bad, manifold bad, or something electrically telling head to fire both yellow and cyan not sure.

Post a pic of your nozzle check and a print so we can get a better idea.

WestbankKurt

Ink contamiation

Is it possible that it is ink contamination? I'm just throwing it out there. I would like to see a test print as well.

fmg

Got it back.
Pulled the ink through the tubes that connect the dampers with a syringe.
99% of all nozzles are firing as well(pic is a little blurred sorry).
Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 125
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 114

fmg

if it comes back, it's probably cap and/or pump. if oyu have it happen a lot, i'd replace both.
I will keep an eye on it and if happens again I will most likely get a new pump.Cap top is a few months old.
Thanks for the reply.

4R Graphics

As for the pump cap thing I dont really see as a JV33 owner how a pump or bad cap would cause the cross contamination problem. The reason I say this is because the JV33 has a single cap so if the dampners and line locks are not working right you would get cross contamination on all the colors.

the dampners on the JV33 are a very different than the DX4 type dampners artbot talked about this in the wit color 9000 thread.

the dampners for the DX5 heads are designed so that ther is a positive pressure on them from the cartridge but it doesnt leak like a DX4 type dampner this was designed to allow them to put the cartridges up top.

So if you have a bad dampner then you may be able to get cross contamination or if there is a vacuum in the system of the lighter color. If you pull ink from a dampner with a syrienge and dont open the line lock on the cartridge you will pull ink from the other dampner not the cartridge which could cause a possible vacuum.

Bottom line is just watch it if it comes back first thing I would do is change the dampner open the line locks and pull ink through both dampners of the same color at the same time same time meaning do one leave syringe hooked up to dampner one then do second dampner then remove both syringes (this will keep you from pulling ink from one dampner to the other and causeing any other problems). Then install dampners and give it a run.

I love the dual cart system of the JV33 but it requires a few new things when you are working on the ink system. Compared to the old JV3 that I had.

Masseria

In my opinion i would do the following steps: (IM USING SUBLIMATION INK SS21)
1)Take the dampers out put a bowl under the head and send with very low pressure the cleaning solution through the dampers connection on the printhead to Clean the Printhead (Use cleaning solution for this). When printhead is 100% clean, means the cleaning solution looks same after passing through the head.
2)Check dampers or clean them. To do this. Take all the ink catrdiges out, Open valves in service menu 1 by 1 and put cleaning solution catridge in socket you will clean for example:
if you want to clean 1st damper, you take out the correct ink catridge(ussually the first), open it's valve and start sucking with a sryinge very slow. until you can see trhough the damper, and the filter of it must be the only thing that can be with color.
If you the damper filter is very dirty you need to change dampers... you can buy them everywhere i order some in dx.com freeshipping directly from china... worked for me....
Do the same with ink to take the ink back to the printhead for start printing. """DO NOT USE FILL UP INK FUNCTION IN MIMAKI MENU, IT WILL USE A LOT OF INK AND FOR NOTHING"""
3)if all that didnt work. maybe printhead is contaminating other colors... by mixing them with a leak.