• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blurry smudged printing roland sp540v

Mike77

Hi hope someone can assist me.
My printer just started to print blurry smudged like imaged. Seems like it’s overlaying to much ink which distorts the image giving it look as if it is an oil painting. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Hope the image uploaded gives a clear view of what the print looks like.

Thanks Mike

Attachments

• 73EBEDB2-F492-4829-9BE3-8C9C28C736CB.jpeg
    73EBEDB2-F492-4829-9BE3-8C9C28C736CB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 408

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have seen this pattern on two occasions. 1 was a profile issue where the machine was just laying down too much ink. Make sure your profile isn't double striking or made for translucent vinyl as those tend to lay down a ton of ink. The second one was similar but the heat settings were just too low and the ink didn't dry fast enough so the ink spreads out like in your picture.

Mike77

Also thought it might be profile settings etc. weird thing was printing fine on current settings the started doing this out of the blue. Changed the settings didn’t make a diff.
I have seen this pattern on two occasions. 1 was a profile issue where the machine was just laying down too much ink. Make sure your profile isn't double striking or made for translucent vinyl as those tend to lay down a ton of ink. The second one was similar but the heat settings were just too low and the ink didn't dry fast enough so the ink spreads out like in your picture.[/QUOT