• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BN-20 Didn't Rewind to Cut!

stitchup

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can assist in rescuing a half done job?

I created a job for 'Print & Cut'. The print went just fine (about 3 metres) but when it came to the end of printing, the BN-20 didn't rewind the vinyl for cutting!

Is there any way I can rescue this job? At present it's just sat there at the end of the print.

Thanks

John

Always use registration marks. 3 meters is too long anyway for precise cutting. Try not to cut more than 1sqm at once even if you have more waste.

stitchup

Thanks ewded :)

Yes, I was aware that 3 metres was pushing it a bit but, cutting accuracy wasn't an issue for this design.

I've never used registration marks before - I'll need to investigate that.

Thanks

John

There's nothing much to investigate, just check the "Crop Marks" checkbox in versaworks. it's in the 'MARK' panel. The printer will do the rest. In the CUT CONTROLS panel you can select "Print and Cut", "Print Only", "Cut Only" If you hit print only - i guess this is why your machine didn't cut OR the cut lines were not set up properly - the printer will print only BUT with registration marks. You can take out the vinyl, laminate and put it back. Then you can hit 'Cut Only' and it'll find the registration mark you printed before and do the cutting.