Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat wrsp

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Jess McGraw, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Jess McGraw

Jess McGraw New Member

Sep 29, 2020
    Cedar falls iowa
    For those of you that have installed boat wrap on a larger runabout, how many seams on a 30' boat is reasonable and how did you go about doing them so they blend in?

Tags:
  2. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I do them like a checkerboard, vertical and horizontal seams. Then when these idiots (the kind that wrap their personal boats) hit their trailers, run aground and bash into the dock, they can just replace 1 checker and save some money. That's why they come to me in the first place is to save money I think? I did just do one and the guy got real mad, hes calling everyone in town and asking them, then going online and asking people too and trying to push it back in my face. Oh well. Can't make everyone happy

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I do as many vertical seams as possible so that when the boat launches vertically there’s no drag.

The good news is that the customers never come back to me, they usually just set themselves up as members on sign forums and do a post a day about the same subject until they get the answer they want.

4. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    No wonder they don't come back, you're doing it wrong. My way is how the pros do it

5. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

I hope you all are starting in the front and working your way back so the vertical seams are facing forward... That's how the Pro-fessionals get more work...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah but my way guarantees the customer always comes back. They’re coming back to complain but at least they’re coming back!

• Like Like x 2
  7. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    how does that look like? like a net?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020