• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bonding polymetal to concrete?

Marie

Any suggestions for adhesive (or VHB tape) to use for mounting a 16"x68" polymetal (brushed gold) sign to an exterior smooth concrete face? Thanks!

Marlene

Is this concrete new or old? Painted or not painted? Smooth or rough? If older, painted and smooth, VHB and construction adhesive should be OK. I would do physical fasteners on concrete no matter what but if you can't I'd be sure that the concrete surface can deal with adhesive.

Creighton

Any suggestions for adhesive (or VHB tape) to use for mounting a 16"x68" polymetal (brushed gold) sign to an exterior smooth concrete face? Thanks!

Keep in mind your human traffic and pedestrian safety. That might determine what you're comfortable with if the sign is elevated over a foot traffic area.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Also -
IIRC brushed gold will fade to silver in direct sunlight - I'm trying to remember how my brain thought this but I'm pretty sure it's a fact from sometime over the last 10 years.

source: brain

shoresigns

We use Tesa 7065 tape from Grimco for mounting metal signs on concrete walls. We've used it enough to be quite confident with it – no failures yet. It's strong enough that we warn customers it may take some of the concrete with it when the sign is removed.

shoresigns

Also -
IIRC brushed gold will fade to silver in direct sunlight - I'm trying to remember how my brain thought this but I'm pretty sure it's a fact from sometime over the last 10 years.

source: brain

Correct. Polymetal brushed gold will fade to silver in the sun, and is therefore recommended by the manufacturer for indoor use only.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
For hidden fasteners, I physically attach a backer to the concrete - then attach the sign panel to the backer using a combination of tape and adhesive...