• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Books on Graphics Design

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Mike Stevens' book "Mastering Layout" is essential reading for sign design. Dan Antonelli has written some very good stuff, and is an active contributor to various sign magazines and forums. SignCraft Magazine is also recommended for sign design and production, especially for small scale "design-centric" operations. I also get great inspiration looking at product packaging, especially at the grocery store!

decalman

Mike Stevens' book "Mastering Layout" is essential reading for sign design. Dan Antonelli has written some very good stuff, and is an active contributor to various sign magazines and forums. SignCraft Magazine is also recommended for sign design and production, especially for small scale "design-centric" operations. I also get great inspiration looking at product packaging, especially at the grocery store!
Pound for pound, Mike Stevens book is the best. Well worth the 29 bucks

Study grids and typeography, those are the foundations of great design. Amazing how to’s on Youtube. Also, the book “Your Mac[PC] Is Not A Typewriter” by Robin Williams may be one of the best books to get typography right.

graphic24

'How to be a Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul' by Adrian Shaughnessy is a great graphic design book for beginners. It has become a useful resource for graphic designers around the globe. It combines practical knowledge with useful guidance to assist young learners for their careers. You can purchase and study it to satisfy your thirst for graphic designing.