• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

borderless / bleed L26500 any known workaround or suggestions?

sydpos

hello

we are finalising requirements to purchase our first machine (since the old hp designjet2500 died a few years back). the L26500 appeals for many reasons, however it would be an easy decision if there was a known way to print borderless (trimmed to bleed), please can any members who have any knowledge or suggestions please post? thanks heaps, regards
Adrian

There are no aqueous, latex, or solvent printers that I know of that can put ink to the edge of the media roll. Some UV curing printers can do this. Roll feed printers typically trim the excess as a post-print finishing step.

MikePro

i have only done this on my mimaki jv3, but I assume it could work for my 26500 as well:
low adhesive white strips placed outside and under your media at the exact width you need to include the default margins of the printer, applied to the platen (I actually just used post-it notes).

printer scans the page width, and assumes your media is actually the width that includes the white strips, then prints within the margins that is actually making it start printing right on the edge of your print material.
leaving the strips on during the print also allows you to keep the ink off your platen, should the material drift slightly.

bigben

i have only done this on my mimaki jv3, but I assume it could work for my 26500 as well:
low adhesive white strips placed outside and under your media at the exact width you need to include the default margins of the printer, applied to the platen (I actually just used post-it notes).

printer scans the page width, and assumes your media is actually the width that includes the white strips, then prints within the margins that is actually making it start printing right on the edge of your print material.
leaving the strips on during the print also allows you to keep the ink off your platen, should the material drift slightly.

very clever. I'll try this to see if it's accurate. Since the L26500 adjust the feed, it could work very well.