• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boston here I come!

MikePro

never been east-coast, but flying into Boston tomorrow a.m. and all i have planned is the Sam Adam's brewery-tour.
anything else cool to do besides the token american historical sites?
also, if no1's got plans for sunday... there's a HUGE Lithuanian polka-dancing festival going on that you should check out. I'll buy ya a beer if you can track me down :)

Raulrdz

Never been to Boston either, but will be visiting in late August. Going to drop off my oldest daughter at Wellesley College. Sure am going to miss her. She and I watch America's Team (NE Patriots) play on Sundays in our living room. I guess now she'll get a chance to watch them live.

Good luck and have fun!

Scott Reynolds

Duck Tour's are cool.

There is so much to see in Boston.

Dont let the dang taxi drivers rip you off! Make should to have your GPS turned on on you phone track the ride. One of only things I dont like about Boston is the taxi drivers...

lexsigns

I am 10 miles north of Bean town! Welcome!!! Been here all my life
How long are you here? I can give you a huge list of thigs to do and see!
where are you staying and will you have a car? PM if you want and anyone else coming to town The pops and fireworks on the 4th you have to see if here! best time ever

OldPaint

RA-PUSCH-A......is a term in Lithuanian, means FROG. its like the italians calling each other wops...........
if you never been to a "china town" boston has a really good one, i was there and almost got arrested, but thats a whold nutther story.)))))
if anyone says anything about WOOSTER...........its really WORCESTER.........in spelling.

HulkSmash

never been east-coast, but flying into Boston tomorrow a.m. and all i have planned is the Sam Adam's brewery-tour.
anything else cool to do besides the token american historical sites?
also, if no1's got plans for sunday... there's a HUGE Lithuanian polka-dancing festival going on that you should check out. I'll buy ya a beer if you can track me down :)

you;re flying to Boston for a polka dance festival......

Kevin-shopVOX

Head up 95 a bit from there if you have time...the NH & Maine coast are awesome. Plus the signage you'll see up in the Maine coastal towns are worth the trip.

lexsigns

Cape Cod,Marthas Vineyard or Provincetown town for a day- The fast ferry goes from Boston to Provincetown its a great day trip! The most beautiful beaches and signs- gets you right in town too..taxis to beach, warm water

If Not there are some nice beaches in Winthrop just outside of town-
Glouchester, Rockport are n. shore water is FREEZING up north tho..

Duck boats/Fanuiel Hall/Boston Common Gradens/Newbury street

Chinatown(like mentioned) If you order cold tea at 2 am (after the bars close) they will put beer in the pot :)

Go to the top of the Prudential Building on Beacon st- the views are amazing
Check out boston.com for local happenings etc... and HAVE FUN!

Billct2

Union Oyster House/Fanuiel Hall . Walk the Freedom Trail around the Common/ublic Garden ansd Beacon Hill. And if you can do it the trip out to Ptown is great.
Butera School of Art where I went to sign school on Beacon St is near the corner of the Public Garden diagonally across from the Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)

lexsigns

Union Oyster House/Fanuiel Hall . Walk the Freedom Trail around the Common/ublic Garden ansd Beacon Hill. And if you can do it the trip out to Ptown is great.
Butera School of Art where I went to sign school on Beacon St is near the corner of the Public Garden diagonally across from the Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
I went to Butera in 86-88, when were you there?

Baz

I spent one day/night in Boston ... Walked around a whole lot then got drunk at an Irish Pub ...

BTW ... don't bother going to Cheers ... It sucks!

rjssigns

Go to Cheer's just to say you were there. It is incredibly tiny. Pizzeria Regina at Fanuel Hall, especially if you like anchovies on your slice. The things are dang fillets! Go to Jimmy's on the wharf and get a combo plate, it is where the stars eat. Cabbies will get you there. Ride the subway. Do not eat anyplace in close proximity to the airport. Horrible food and high priced too.

That is all.

Billct2

I went to Butera 74-75. Had Mr Morrison and Greg. Mr C did the second year, but I got a job after 1 year. I was one of few non commuters, lived on Queensbury St in the Fens, was a marginal neighborhood then .Worked after school as a construction laborer at the brownstone next to Bull & Finch while it was being renovated into condos.