Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought Printer, Need help!!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by visualeyez, Aug 19, 2011.

1. visualeyez

visualeyez Member

Jan 23, 2007
    harbor
    I have been using wide format digital printers for 6 years now. I recently had the opportunity to buy my own, from an auction because some other shop went out of business.
    The printer I have is a 42" HP DesignJet 5500ps UV. I have maintenanced the machine and restored all of the printheads to 100% and got it all perfectly aligned. I did not get any software with this machine, so I am looking for help finding an affordable or free rip program. I actually did get two discs with the printer however none of them appear to have a RIP software. I almost had the HP E-print & share thing working, and ran out of paper.

Thanks,
    -Keith

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I believe the PS models have an internal RIP

3. Aklaim

Aklaim Member

Sep 8, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    PS models do in fact have an internal rip. You can send prints directly to the printer.

4. visualeyez

visualeyez Member

Jan 23, 2007
    harbor
    I know but I guess I am having trouble with the printer driver. Should I be printing directly from photoshop or illustrator or what?

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I print directly from Corel, so I would think you could print direct from Illustrator.
    You may need to reinstall the driver. HP has a good forum where there is a lot of info on these printers. The problem is many parts are getting hard to find.

6. visualeyez

visualeyez Member

Jan 23, 2007
    harbor
    I'm used to setting up .pdf's in Illustrator for print In Versaworks, so I guess I am not familiar with the printers built in RIP.
    Do you have the link to that HP forum?