• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought Printer, Need help!!

visualeyez

I have been using wide format digital printers for 6 years now. I recently had the opportunity to buy my own, from an auction because some other shop went out of business.
The printer I have is a 42" HP DesignJet 5500ps UV. I have maintenanced the machine and restored all of the printheads to 100% and got it all perfectly aligned. I did not get any software with this machine, so I am looking for help finding an affordable or free rip program. I actually did get two discs with the printer however none of them appear to have a RIP software. I almost had the HP E-print & share thing working, and ran out of paper.

Thanks,
-Keith

visualeyez

I know but I guess I am having trouble with the printer driver. Should I be printing directly from photoshop or illustrator or what?

Billct2

I print directly from Corel, so I would think you could print direct from Illustrator.
You may need to reinstall the driver. HP has a good forum where there is a lot of info on these printers. The problem is many parts are getting hard to find.

visualeyez

I'm used to setting up .pdf's in Illustrator for print In Versaworks, so I guess I am not familiar with the printers built in RIP.
Do you have the link to that HP forum?