• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bout ready to sell

OneUpTenn

I have put countless hours into this printer....not to mention over $1500 in the past month or so. Its a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62. Its about 5 years old and not a whole whole lot of printing done on it.

I just replaced the capping station and both heads. One head prints beautifully, the other will not print a drop. I also replaced the small data cable that runs to the head. I also swapped the two larger ones briefly just to make sure it wasnt a bad cable. Still the right side printed and the left side did not.

I get a perfect seal as I am able to pull ink through at every point...starting with the dampers themselves and then moving all the way to the waste tank. No problem pulling ink through with a syringe. I have also replaced all the orings and dampers.

I am at a loss here. I have jobs waiting to be printed and I have no idea what to do next. My whole entire Saturday has been spent working on this thing. My hands look like a mechanics and have entertained the thought of just selling this to someone who can possibly do something with it. I have just about given up. I do not have enough money to pay someone to come look at it.

If you know of any last things I could try please let me know. I really appreciate this forum and the people who help. I just wonder if it is beyond help at this point.

kffernandez

sounds like an electrical problem to me. the head board/cables in particular.
did this happen all of a sudden? or did the nozzles drop gradually over a period of time?

kelly

OneUpTenn

Well when I first replaced the heads and the capping station things went pretty well. When I did a nozzle check though there was a problem with the Cyan not firing completely. Tried everything to get it to fire right to no avail. I thought maybe it was the cable (the 1" one that runs from the mother board to the head itself) so I replaced it....now nothing. It will not fire anything not a stinking drop.

What are you thinking?

OneUpTenn

Also if it was the head board......wouldn't it affect both sides?

Could it be a pump?
The maintenance station???

kffernandez

if it was a fuse, one or both might go out at the same time.. depending on how it is wired.
in my case i have a roland sc-540, and once i encountered a lightening of the prints on just one of side my dx4 head. it turned out to be a few busted capacitors [or was it something else?...] for that side of the head. what i'm thinking is that something on the head board might be broken for that particular head of yours.

i'm not entirely sure how i'd confirm this on your machine, but on my roland, what i'd usually do is swap data cables to see if my head is working. and start isolating it from there.

kelly

OneUpTenn

Tons of useful info guys. I cant tell you how appreciative I am. Anyway my husband is going to check out the fuses for me. His irrigation background will come in handy here. Oh well its Sunday now and looks like another day spending quality time with the printer. Good thing the kids are on a church retreat so at least I wont have guilt to accompany the stress.

I will update and thanks again.

OneUpTenn

Yes Craig. If all else fails then I will not have a choice but to do that. However, my busy season is about to hit hard and I will never find the time to fix it. Hubby is working on it now. Lord help us!