• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions box trailer rivets/screws, paint or leave white

petepaz

wrapping a box trailer and removing the screw/rivets for install.
wondering if i should paint some of them to match the wrap better or just leave them white. doesn't look too bad from a distance and it blends pretty good in the graphic areas just not the solid areas

Attachments

• rivet-1.jpg
    rivet-1.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 365
  • rivet.jpg
    rivet.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 331

Dan360

I would leave them, hardware (especially linear and evenly spaced) usually doesn't take away from the design and people tend not to even notice when they look at it in my experience.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doing the same thing, this very moment. Not gonna do a thing with them. It is what it is. Sometimes, trying to do a patch will be more noticeable, than just leaving it alone.

petepaz

i'm done with the front, back and one side. we as group decided the same thing. if the customer says something then i will address it
thanks for the input

Billct2

Its a judgement call. We often cover ones in solid color areas, sometimes with paint markers, or with cast vinyl.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We usually paint them. The hardware store is close by so we just go grab a can of whatever is closest and hit the screws that need a color change.

The attached image is a white trailer with a seamless color-change 1080 wrap and overlaid cut vinyl graphics. Painted the screws red/white/black depending on where they hit.

Attachments

• 1702622 Kentucky Fire Commission (2).jpg
    1702622 Kentucky Fire Commission (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 309

spectrum maine

wrapping a box trailer and removing the screw/rivets for install.
wondering if i should paint some of them to match the wrap better or just leave them white. doesn't look too bad from a distance and it blends pretty good in the graphic areas just not the solid areas
paint them - whats it take ?10 extra minutes?