• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box truck wrap price question

vinylink0331

Wrapping a box truck for a company that will be a total of 364 sq.ft. 23 ft long x 7 ft high plus a 6.25 ft x 6.75 ft back door. one side has a door that will need to be worked with all the hinges and handel. The other side is flat except 2 corragated extrusions that run the whole length of the box. The back door will be slit across each section the way it opens. I was thinking of pricing it @ $3,800. That includes Design, Print, and Installation. Does that sound too low? I really need to get this account. It could pay off big in the future and I don't want to bid too high or low. Some suggestions on what some of you guys would charge would be great. Thanks

vinylink0331

Yeah, That is what I was thinging!

It will be the first wrap for this frozen food company, so we want to get our foot in the door but we dont want to end up it with it in our mouths either. Maybe I should go up to about 4,200. That will throw a little extra in. I just really need this job, it could be great to get in with these guys. They already have two quotes from somewhere else. I wish i was psychic.

HulkSmash

Doesn't sound low at all.. sounds a little high.

Wouldn't get the job or even looked at unless i was around 3500
You can't price a box truck that size the same way you price a car...

kstompaint

$3800 is quite reasonable and I'd be close to or just a shade under that. What the hell do I know though... I have basically held the pricing the same for several years on this type of wrap and suddenly we're losing bids left & right to a few under cutters. I'm not working for nothing.

Circleville Signs

For the kind of work you are talking about, you are gonna never see the job if it's a competitive bid situation. If you are the only shop around that wraps, then you've got a decent chance of landing it. For me (Central Ohio), that would be a $3200-3500 job, depending on the design.

As has been mentioned before, wraps are becoming something that if you don't focus on them all the time you just aren't going to be competitive at - not because someone else can get materials cheaper, etc., but because the people who do this all the time do it FAST. How long are you allotting to complete that job?

Brands Imaging

3250-3500 here - 1 Day Job

The trick to these situations is getting the proper feel for your customer AND knowing your numbers. If you are walking up to a fish bowl, dropping your 3800-4200 bid in and leaving you're completely screwed.

If you talk to the guy, let him get a feel for who your company is, what you're all about and how you know your wraps up & down you got a shot. He MIGHT even tell you what they ultimately would like to spend which would allow you to price yourself properly.

Its not always a number games if you can sell it properly.

:goodpost:
For the kind of work you are talking about, you are gonna never see the job if it's a competitive bid situation. If you are the only shop around that wraps, then you've got a decent chance of landing it. For me (Central Ohio), that would be a $3200-3500 job, depending on the design.

As has been mentioned before, wraps are becoming something that if you don't focus on them all the time you just aren't going to be competitive at - not because someone else can get materials cheaper, etc., but because the people who do this all the time do it FAST. How long are you allotting to complete that job?

Locals Find!

Throw some extra's in with your bid to spice it up. Something I am sure the other two companies aren't doing for them.

I just won a bid yesterday for 5 trailer wraps and a box truck. My price was higher than the other 2 but, I got it because I threw in a website and sets of business cards for the drivers. Even after costs for the freebies I am still coming out with 25% more in my pocket. Than bidding it lower without the freebies.

It isn't always about price its about Value. Give them a reason to value you more than the competition.

Christian @ 2CT Media

In AZ we range between $2700 and $3400 depending on a few factors... we are actively trying to Ratchet our prices up as we prove some of the big names aren't worth their "cheap" prices.

HulkSmash

Throw some extra's in with your bid to spice it up. Something I am sure the other two companies aren't doing for them.

I just won a bid yesterday for 5 trailer wraps and a box truck. My price was higher than the other 2 but, I got it because I threw in a website and sets of business cards for the drivers. Even after costs for the freebies I am still coming out with 25% more in my pocket. Than bidding it lower without the freebies.

It isn't always about price its about Value. Give them a reason to value you more than the competition.

Lies.

tagsigns

You didn't mention what "product or products" you will use to wrap the truck, I'd look at making sure your client knows what product you will use and make sure they understand that if your price come in a bit high that there are always "cheaper" materials out there (at the cost of quality)

Locals Find!

Bull they aren't huge trailers like you do Colorado. They are small 5x8 box trailers. The kind that get pulled behind pickups. The box truck is an old U-haul that got bought at auction.

Think before you type dude! I am not competing on your level with the 80 foot tractor trailers. I am working with a General Contractor and his crew.

signage

Bull they aren't huge trailers like you do Colorado. They are small 5x8 box trailers. The kind that get pulled behind pickups. The box truck is an old U-haul that got bought at auction.

Think before you type dude! I am not competing on your level with the 80 foot tractor trailers. I am working with a General Contractor and his crew.

Lets see your design and the finished job.

HulkSmash

Jesus man. Relax I was kidding. Go outside please.