• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

brand new dx7 printhead and data cables added- magenta and yellow stop and start prob

lee a

Hi Folks,
I've just added a split brand new dx7 printhead and set of data cables to my printer. It prints great though I initially noticed the magenta and yellow lines as if just firing up. I've added images if anyone knows or has any idea on how to solve the problem.
I had heard about coded heads but if it was a coded head issue would it fire at all... thanks in advance as i dont want to start trying to fix incase i make it worse, thanks

Attachments

• print1.jpg
    print1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 190
  • print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 166
  • print3.jpg
    print3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 167
  • print4.jpg
    print4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 170

lee a

thanks

Thanks for that, I changed over 1 cable and no difference, i changed over the other cable and it was worse so ive new data cables ordered. No signs of any scorching or debris, though the size of the fuses fitted to the headboard are 500ma so shouldnt really get too much of a chance for scorching. Fingers crossed it is a data cable problem