• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Brick Wall Vinyl?

Angela

Have a customer that is wanting to do some graphics like attached picture. I really do not want to spend my daughters college tuition on a "street wrap" material. Does anybody have any suggestions on another material that might work that won't leave me starving in the streets? Any advice is appreciated :)

Attachments

• wall vinyl.JPG
    wall vinyl.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 310

a77

Wouldn't it be your customer's daughter's tuition that would be spent on using the proper material?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If the cost of a substrate scares you and you don't sell the job for enough money to cover that cost, something is not right.

That picture looks like simple solid color cut vinyl to me. Just cut any old cast vinyl, use a heat gun/torch and felt squeegee.

Angela

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for.

And yes I would charge to cover cost I just don't like to over charge my customer to do so.

MikePro

rent a projector and hire some high school kids, or utilize clients' employees, to "paint by numbers"

CanuckSigns

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for.

And yes I would charge to cover cost I just don't like to over charge my customer to do so.

That makes no sense, how is charging your client for the correct materials to complete the job properly and professionally "overcharging" them? If you use a cheap vinyl and the product fails in a month, how do you think that makes you look?

TheSnowman

You charge whatever you have to...if the customer doesn't like the price, let them walk. Use the right materials to do the job easily and make it last and look good.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
i would rather use the 3M (geekwrap) tool that has two handles, a roller and a heat gun in the middle. If you use anything else but a roller it will come right back off. When I was doing the 3M certification i had some time playing around with the tool the day before the test and I gotta tell you: if you don't take your time and press that tool really hard the vinyl can be picked up SUPER easy. You might also need another Roller that can fit in between the bricks ( on the mortars) but back on the tests they make you cut the bricks if the mortar joints are deep

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
If the cost of a substrate scares you and you don't sell the job for enough money to cover that cost, something is not right.

That picture looks like simple solid color cut vinyl to me. Just cut any old cast vinyl, use a heat gun/torch and felt squeegee.
And then come back later when it fails. USE THE PROPER MATERIAL FOR THE PROJECT!!!!

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We do a lot of rough wall graphics and use the 3M480 with the 8548 lam. Utilizing the proper rollers/heat guns/ etc for install

gnubler

The OP's offspring is probably in college by now....or not.
I wonder if being cheap paid off for her.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
For a more affordable alternative to "street wrap" materials for graphics, consider these options:

Vinyl Graphics: Durable and weather-resistant, offering a balance between cost and quality.
Mesh Banners: More affordable, suitable for outdoor use, and handle wind well.

Corrugated Plastic Signs: Lightweight, cost-effective, and good for both indoor and outdoor use.
Thanks for that insightful information A.I.

Johnny Best

The OP's offspring is probably in college by now....or not.
I wonder if being cheap paid off for her.
Intelligence sometimes skips a generation. She, the daughter, received a scholershíp, graduated college and now lawschool. Angela asked the question 7 years ago.