• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brighter Orange

DRPSignsNGrafix

Ok so i've been told that it printed brighter orange and that this orange is looking muddy. Well i'm using the same profile and the same color values as the file he said was brighter. And there still muddy looking to him. This is a Mimaki jv3-160sp using Flexi 8.6 V2 What can i do to help get this brighter. I know the correct answer is order a Spectrometer and start making own profiles. But other then that any advise?

MikeD

your customer is saying that the provided file looks better on his monitor than your print does?
What color space was it made in?

MikeD

another variable that can influence final output is the white point of your substrate. Some white vinyls are cooler or warmer than others depending on how they are manufactured.

Is it raster or vector art? You may be able to easily change some of the color values in a copy of the original file and get the outcome the customer wants

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
last i heard, most 4 color printers don't make orange that well. my orange vinyl is WAY better than printed..
with white inks, the orange is much brighter. however, since hallowwen is not 365, i am not getting white inks...
my two cents worth..
mosher

DRPSignsNGrafix

As soon as it comes and I play with it and see how it does I will defiantly leave feedback on it. It looks like a good piece especially for the price.

signswi

For what it's worth Triangle's Mimaki inks have a more vibrant magenta than the OEM, which means brighter oranges.

But yeah, without calibration you're just spitting in the dark. Colormunki is a start anyway.

jayhawksigns

Another suggestion, keeps samples from all your work on file, at least the important or odd color ones. Kind of hard to argue with a sample you pull out of a file when comparing colors.