• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brightest & Favorite Colors to Use for Signs

Justin

Good Morning,

I'm new here just getting to know everyone....

What are your favorite colors to use for signs?

I know the ever popular list...

BLACK on YELLOW
BLACK on WHITE
YELLOW on BLACK
WHITE on BLUE
GREEN on WHITE
BLUE on YELLOW
WHITE on GREEN
WHITE on BROWN
BROWN on YELLOW
BROWN on WHITE
YELLOW on BROWN
RED on WHITE
YELLOW on RED
RED on YELLOW
WHITE on RED

It just seems like everyone uses those colors, and they begin to become overlooked, or unnoticed...

OldPaint

burgandy on biege
kelly green on biege
brown on biege
blue on blue(lighter on dark)
green on green(light on dark) or the other way.

SignManiac

I don't have one favorite. I love all colors in the spectrum. Each one is perfect if used appropriately. Why limit yourself to only a few. Color is just as important as type selection and all of the other design elements that make up great design.

JR's

Red on black or black on red
my all-time favorite is red letters with a thick black outline and shadow on charcoal background.

Just kidding wink,wink,

JR

Tim Aucoin

Actually, I've used very few of those color combinations myself! :rolleyes:
Fortunately in my business, 99% of my work comes pre-designed from my customer via high res PDF file and I simply do the output! A good majority of my clients are high end businesses with amazing designers, so the colors they use in their designs are extremely effective.

As someone who commutes to work every day, when I'm driving, I tend to notice a sign that has a very bright background with a darker text. Unfortunately, I see many, many signs, vehicle lettering, vehicle wraps, etc... that are next to impossible to read. I'll be driving behind a car or truck with a full wrap, take a stab at reading it as I drive by, and it's not possible because it looked more like someone vomited the design out vs. thinking it out! It's a shame to see someone pay so much for such little effect. :omg:

Use what is appealing to you and your customer(s). You will get 2,000 different opinions here (if any serious ones at all). Do some Google research on various sign sites and check out the variety you will find. And it's fun to see other people's stuff. Best way to learn! :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're running a special for 'white on white' signs for the month of February. :wink:

If you're looking for neat color combinations, just buy a printer and make all your signs on that and you can have millions of colors at once and please everyone...:clapping: