• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken heater strip

packman

The heater on my falcon wasn't as hot near the right hand side as the centre and left side so I took the casing off and tried to get 2 wires to unclip. I could see the problem straight away. The heating strip had come away from the platen.

But I lost my grip and dropped the platen ending in snapping 2 circuit points.

I know where they go, but there is a single thin wire which should be attached to the soldered connection. I can see the thin wire on the right side but I can't find it on the left side. Any idea whats inside the orange rubber part of the heater strip before I hack at it and make a mess?

Cheers Mark

Attachments

• Kirklees-20111018-00006.jpg
    Kirklees-20111018-00006.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG-20111018-00005.jpg
    IMG-20111018-00005.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 117
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 122

packman

I found the little piece of metal wire for the left hand side connection. I soldered all connections back together and now I have no heat from the front heater.

I've cut open the orange bulge under the platen to expose the fuse, but that has continuity.

Are there any other fuses for the heaters. On the motherboar for example. If so how can I find them? What number are they?

Cheers Mark