Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken nipple on print head (Mutoh 16040

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by kaligula, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kaligula

kaligula Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    Hello,
    I have a few issues with my Mutoh Vj 1604 ,and I hope Ill find the answers here.
    I have a broken nipple on the printhead on my Mutoh Vj 1604.
    Is there any instruction (manual) how to change manifold and save me a few $$$
    I Just replaced MS, lines and all the dampers.
    And also what is the proper name for the connector between ink line and sub tank (the one that connect clear line with a metal tube)
    Thank you all.
    I hope that you guys are having better weekend than myself.

Tags:
  2. kaligula

kaligula Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    Anyone?

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Changing the manifold is basically the same process as changing out the print head. If you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself. Once you get it removed you just unscrew the manifold from the print head, swap in the new manifold and re-assemble. I believe you can download the manual from Mutoh's website, also there are a few members with the technician's manual floating around that can send it to you. Members RANDYA or STEALTHRIDER are a wealth of info regarding these Mutohs.

*I believe the connector is just a standard brass compression fitting.

4. kaligula

kaligula Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate your response .
    I have service manual but I couldnt find anything on replacing a manifold.
    I guess all I have to do is find out if its doable on Mutoh vj 1604 print head.
    :thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  5. kaligula

kaligula Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    Where would be good place to get brass compression fitting to connect ink line to metal tube coming out of subtank (mutoh vj1604)?
    Thanks