• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken nipple on print head (Mutoh 16040

kaligula

Hello,
I have a few issues with my Mutoh Vj 1604 ,and I hope Ill find the answers here.
I have a broken nipple on the printhead on my Mutoh Vj 1604.
Is there any instruction (manual) how to change manifold and save me a few $$$
I Just replaced MS, lines and all the dampers.
And also what is the proper name for the connector between ink line and sub tank (the one that connect clear line with a metal tube)
Thank you all.
I hope that you guys are having better weekend than myself.

FatCat

Changing the manifold is basically the same process as changing out the print head. If you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself. Once you get it removed you just unscrew the manifold from the print head, swap in the new manifold and re-assemble. I believe you can download the manual from Mutoh's website, also there are a few members with the technician's manual floating around that can send it to you. Members RANDYA or STEALTHRIDER are a wealth of info regarding these Mutohs.

*I believe the connector is just a standard brass compression fitting.

kaligula

Changing the manifold is basically the same process as changing out the print head. If you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself. Once you get it removed you just unscrew the manifold from the print head, swap in the new manifold and re-assemble. I believe you can download the manual from Mutoh's website, also there are a few members with the technician's manual floating around that can send it to you. Members RANDYA or STEALTHRIDER are a wealth of info regarding these Mutohs.

*I believe the connector is just a standard brass compression fitting.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate your response .
I have service manual but I couldnt find anything on replacing a manifold.
I guess all I have to do is find out if its doable on Mutoh vj 1604 print head.
:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:

kaligula

Where would be good place to get brass compression fitting to connect ink line to metal tube coming out of subtank (mutoh vj1604)?
Thanks