• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Bronze Plaque with Image

TXFB.INS

Looking for a source that produces Bronze Plaques with the ability to put a "grey scale" profile image onto the bronze.
I have already spoken with Gemini and they do not have this capability

The background of the plaque is smooth and the profile image is part of the plaque with a textured/dimensional feel

Overall thickness is .25"

Thank you for suggestions.

Attachments

• Bronze Plaque.jpg
    Bronze Plaque.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Bronze Plaque 1.jpg
    Bronze Plaque 1.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 134

NP_18

Looking for a source that produces Bronze Plaques with the ability to put a "grey scale" profile image onto the bronze.
I have already spoken with Gemini and they do not have this capability

The background of the plaque is smooth and the profile image is part of the plaque with a textured/dimensional feel

Overall thickness is .25"

Thank you for suggestions.

Maybe try ARK Ramos

unclebun

Gemini's Photorelief would actually be better than the original plaque, which does not look like the picture is actually part of the bronze. It looks like something laminated on top.

TXFB.INS

Thanks for the comments and suggestions

Gemini does NOT have the capabilities to produce this type of sign.
the image is PART of the bronze, there are no seams, inserts or discernable means that would suggest the image is separate
NO a different version is NOT an option this is a replacement project that wants the completed product to look the same.

unclebun

bronzememorials.net does photo plaques they claim will last 100 years.
metaldesignsllc.com does etched and other types of photo plaques. I don't think this is the method used in your originals. They also do photo plaques where the photo is on metal attached to the bronze.

I guess if the client is insisting on the exact same manufacturer, they don't know who it is?

One thought that comes to mind, since nobody is finding you exactly what you are asking for is that the memorial plaque industry has abandoned the technique used in the failed plaques your client has.

Last edited:

TXFB.INS

My understanding is they don't care who makes the plaques or how they are made, as long as they look like the same.

It is very likely that the exact method used for these has been abandoned if that is the case, probably is.
my search is to use "new" technology to simulate an old method. they are solely focused on the look and not the method.

Very helpful site suggestions, THANK YOU