• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brushed Aluminum staining

Hi,

We wrapped a customers transit completely in avery's brushed aluminum film. He's had it since May and just sent me these pics. When they park it undert rees or just road dust and dirt it gets trapped in the grooves of the material. I'm not sure how often he washes the vehicle or what he is using to clean it. Has anyone else had a problem cleaning this vinyl? I was thinking about sending him a free wrap wash kit to see if that helps.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Here is the actual full wrap (from installation date)
981865_556841504367891_290675248_o.jpg

TammieH

It looks like a dirt magnet after checking the swatch (its awfully course)

almost looks like it should have a clear sprayed over it for protection

...did you call or email Avery for suggestions?

worthy1

Textured vinyl needs more care and is a pain to keep looking good.

What does your wrap cleaning kit consist of?

Stanton

delorean-dmc-12-2849cc-1982.jpg

Tell your customer to use a soft bristle brush along the grain.

Lots of sudsy soap.

He has a high maintenance finish on his vehicle.

He needs to be proactive in its upkeep.

Sometimes you can't blame reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePro

RapidRemover/GooGone might do the trick better than soap, but would be wise to should stay away from exposed edges of the vinyl.

Baz

Laminating the brushed vinyl with a wrap laminate would have done the trick.

Hindsight is always 20-20 :rolleyes:

worthy1

Have noticed a lot of people laminating the textured vinyls, Chrome also since it is so proned to scratching.

You would think the companies would sell it with a laminate over the top.......

jfiscus

Rap Master
Wraps should also be waxed.
We get a lot of customers with acid rain / jet fuel staining from being around the airport... :(

worthy1

Finding a wax that works is the tricky part. As you know you are limited to a spray wax as a paste wax just gets caught in the texture but finding a spray wax that doesnt make the wrap look bad is the hard part.

Used a certain companies qucik wax on the weekend on a matte wrap we did and i had to get it straight off with an IPA it looked that bad.