• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brushed metallic vinyl over translucent problems

mudwart

We're building a face for a light-box that involves reverse weeded brushed silver vinyl being applied over a digital print on translucent vinyl. The brushed silver won't stick in places, it keeps coming up and wrinkling, like it is partially allergic to the translucent underlay.
The only thing i can think of is that the translucent vinyl stretched slightly during the process of laying the vinyl on with laminator and now it is shrinking back to its original size therefore pulling the silver overlay up in spots.
Does anyone have any advice on correcting this issue or any idea on what might be causing this?
thank ya,
M.Ward

J Hill Designs

can the trans be cut away where the brushed goes, so that the brushed is applied directly to the acrylic? Also, is the brushed rated exterior? if not, that will most likely look pretty shabby in a year or less

mudwart

The Lightbox is interior, going in a showroom/mall type place. No direct sunlight will be in contact with it so it should hold up for a bit. The other one looks fine but it was just brushed silver on white translucent acrylic. This one has a three color logo.
I will give the cut translucent a try.
Thanks for the reply