• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bucket Truck sign holder

DoubleDown

For those of you with normal bucket trucks...with the white fiberglass type bucket on the end...has anyone seen or come up with a good way to put a board/sign holder attachment on the bucket itself to hold things?

We've seen them on other rigs where they are made for the rigs but can't seem to find anything for buckets?

Thanks,

signappeal

I put then on every truck. Very handy to have. I build them myself. Just made a set and read to install them on my Bucket Van. Just out of tube steel and some flat stock. If you need pics just email me and I will send pics of the 2 truck I have with them now.

We took 1" angle iron, and cut it to two 6" pieces, sandwich them together, weld them to a pair of vice grips... Than you use that to pinch piece of sign board or acrylic, and use that to life sign faces up. Very very reliable.

Billct2

We attached a couple of hefty u shaped brackets to the side bottom of the bucket.
Put the panel in there and then lift into place once you're ready.

BobM

I welded a 2" square tube to the upright the fiberglas bucket is fixed to. I then took an 1-1/2"X 8' pipe and bent it at 90 degrees at 6'. Put an eyebolt at the end with a small block and tackel X3/8" nylon rope and dropped it into the 2" square tube. I then took a 3' piece of aluminum channel, put a loop on the flange to tie the rope to. Clamp the channel to the sign blank, lift the panel to the proper working hight for you in the bucket and ride the bucket and sign blank to install the panel. Works slick for a one man install.

John L

Bucket manufacturer, osha, smart insurance guys, and the like would probably frown on it but we did about the same as BobM mentioned. I can get a pic tomorrow.

The bucket mounted supports can make your bucket a little tipsy if you overdo the load (in our experience anyway) so be more careful there.

The mast-mount also works but has it's limitations too. When servicing a face thats at the height reach limit of the bucket, it can be difficult to maneuver or keep the panel from getting scratched by the bucket (also in our experience).

Our installers favorite is the cage style bucket on our big truck. he just lets a boot stick over the edge of the toe boards, set the sign face on the top of his foot, and away you go. This doesnt work well for smaller height faces but I have seen him effortlessly lift 4' and 5' high faces lots of times.

I welded a 2" square tube to the upright the fiberglas bucket is fixed to. I then took an 1-1/2"X 8' pipe and bent it at 90 degrees at 6'. Put an eyebolt at the end with a small block and tackel X3/8" nylon rope and dropped it into the 2" square tube. I then took a 3' piece of aluminum channel, put a loop on the flange to tie the rope to. Clamp the channel to the sign blank, lift the panel to the proper working hight for you in the bucket and ride the bucket and sign blank to install the panel. Works slick for a one man install.

Pics if you can brother.

iSign

Is someone gonna sack up with some pics or what?

yeah really...

I built robotic arms with articulating aluminum fingers & electromagnetic finger tips, as well as optional retracting suction cups, velcro pads & duct-tape fingertip extensions. These are covered with fleshy prosthetic skin mounted to the life-size tool-time girl sculpture welded to the bucket truck, & remote controlled from my lazy-boy, via my satellite video feed...

Charlie J

yeah really...

I built robotic arms with articulating aluminum fingers & electromagnetic finger tips, as well as optional retracting suction cups, velcro pads & duct-tape fingertip extensions. These are covered with fleshy prosthetic skin mounted to the life-size tool-time girl sculpture welded to the bucket truck, & remote controlled from my lazy-boy, via my satellite video feed...

I have the same thing but I use a helicopter with a laser guided rockets. I also have Chuck Norris install all of my signs.