• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buenos Tardes

Colin

Just popping in to say Hi from Puerto Vallarta! Had 2 Caronas with lime on the beach today at Bucerius, complete with natcho chips and Mexican salsa.

Geting lots of interesting photos too. Will post in about a week.

Now...........get back to work!

:Big Laugh

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You should have left the internet in Canada.
Have fun - stay safe.

wayne k
guam usa

threeputt

Have you walked on down to the Malachon yet? Fun place, especially at night.

Also, try and do some snorkeling out at Los Arcos. On the way back to Peurto try Le Cliffe for fine dining. (it out the same direction) I believe Mel Gibson has some connection with it.

Perched on a cliff. They used to, maybe still do, high diving off of it while you eat.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought you were going to Cuba ?? :mexico:

Yeah, we must be pretty important to you for you to take time out of your siesta to post here. :cool1:

Colin

Got back Friday night. It had been three years since I've had a break from work, and I was getting to a very unhealthy level of stress. Going that long without a mental break from work is not good.

Thursday morning (the 8th) I called a travel agent and said “get me out of here.” Friday morning I was on a plane to PV. I had a preconceived idea of what PV was like, and was somewhat disappointed when I got there. The town/area is a lot bigger than what I thought, and is quite rough in the classic Mexican fashion. The area by the Marina is newer and nice, and the Malecon walkway is very nice, but other than that, the sidewalks and roads are a disaster, traffic is insane, and there’s basically just an endless supply of little shops and kiosks selling the expected Mexican bric-a-brac. The main street is loaded with WalMarts, and myriad other dreadful stores and industrial supply outlets. Not what I was expecting. And due to the economic realities of most people there, most vehicles are either old, and/or not maintained very well and therefore emit considerable pollution, which makes walking around town less pleasant.

The first (and last) day, I jumped on one of the local buses (which I'm convinced have no shock absorbers) and went to the Malecon walkway, and wandered all around town. I never went anywhere without my camera, and have about 600 images to go through and edit.

The second day, I went up to Bucerius by bus, and plunked myself into a chair on the beach for a couple of hours and relaxed. I walked all over and got lots of photos.

The next three days I did excursions with “Vallarta Adventures.” The guides were great. The first one was the “Off-Road Adventure” which made a few stops at points of interest, and we wound up at Sayulita. Drinking while being in a vehicle seems to be just fine in Mexico – I recall a police car being behind us for a spell, and they didn’t care at all. People on buses drank beer too. Odd. I had too much tequila on that first excursion, but we had lots of fun.

The second excursion was called “Sierra Madre South” which was okay but lots of driving. They use these very heavy-duty Mercedes trucks from World War II era, and that combined with the rough roads makes for a long day.

The third excursion was to a little village called San Sebastian. We had a few stops along the way including a local organic coffee plantation. I bought a pound of espresso beans, and later a bottle of chocolate/coffee tequila!

One thing that strikes me whenever I travel is the number of people in this world, and also the squalid conditions in which many people live. I saw places that were pretty shocking, even in town.

It was a good break though, with awesome weather every day, but I don't think I would return to PV; too many other interesting places to see. I guess many people are happy to lay around the pool all day, but I need something interesting to do.

Yes, I was considering Havana Cuba, but the flights & accommodations didn’t work out on that short notice, so I went for PV. It was a direct flight – nice. I’ll hopefully get to Havana one day.

Attachments

• P1010327 B&W.jpg
    P1010327 B&W.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010370.JPG
    P1010370.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 84
  • P1010394 B&W.jpg
    P1010394 B&W.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010402.JPG
    P1010402.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 85
  • P1010525.JPG
    P1010525.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 87

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'd like to see the others...Stick them on Photobucket. Easy upload & viewing.

Colin

I already have a PhotoBucket account, but it gets used for other purposes; can one have two separate accounts?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Sure can. I have two but under different emails. Not sure if you can do two under the same email or not.

gabagoo

So now the question is...... how is the stress level now?

Photos are nice, I would like to see more too!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds like you had a good trip - I'd like to see more of the photos.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

So now the question is...... how is the stress level now?

Fair. On my last day, I was taking some pictures, and you know that little square thingy that appears in centre of the viewfinder when you push the shutter half-way down - the icon that shows what you're focusing on......well on my camera, you can drag that focal point anywhere on the LCD screen with your finger. I noticed that it was in the bottom left corner, and my heart suddenly sank, wondering how long it had been there, rendering possibly all of my photos from the last few days out of focus. And you can't tell on the preview screen as it's too small to really tell. So I instantly went back into stress mode and had a sleepless night wondering if all my images of the past week were throw-aways. Felt like throwing the camera into an concrete wall.

:frustrated:

I have no idea how it got moved, but damn - the camera should give you a warning if the focal point has been been moved.

When I went through the images at home on the computer, I could see the moment that it got changed, by an image that was out of focus when it shouldn't have been. This was about half-way through the week. A few after that were throw-aways, but most are ok, but some are less than perfect due to a slightly different focal plane on some. Grrrrr.

I've spent some extensive time in mexico, nicaragua & honduras...PV is simply a town I have no desire to visit anymore...if you are into shopping I guess..last cruise that I took that stoped there I didn't even get off the ship.

sayulita USED to be one of my favorite places in mexico,too may people know about it & it has lost it's charm in my opinion but prior to 2000 it was magnificent I owned a small home there with a friend for 6 yrs, you could surf perfect uncrowded waves all year,eat shimp tacos for about 33 cents a piece and a cold chella for about 20 cents..not an atm in the town...but those days are LONG gone...sadly

Colin

A few sign related images y'all might like.....

Attachments

• P1010384.JPG
    P1010384.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010386.JPG
    P1010386.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 84
  • P1010400.JPG
    P1010400.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010528.JPG
    P1010528.JPG