• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Building wraps with mesh banner

When I was in Vegas recently I saw a few building wraps and a couple looked like mesh banner material. How the heck are they affixing the mesh to the building? I couldn’t really see strings or ropes but maybe they were there...

These things have caught my attention. Pretty awesome.

fortnight8

When I was in Vegas recently I saw a few building wraps and a couple looked like mesh banner material. How the heck are they affixing the mesh to the building? I couldn’t really see strings or ropes but maybe they were there...

These things have caught my attention. Pretty awesome.
Maybe that was one way vision foil. :)

DerbyCitySignGuy

I worked for a company that wrapped a bell tower in mesh banner to look like a nutcracker. If I recall correctly, it was done with a series of strategically placed come-alongs and tapcons. I believe a rigging company was hired to actually put it up.

DerbyCitySignGuy

wow, that looks awesome!

It does look great! To be honest, I didn't have a whole to do with this particular project. I was pretty skeptical about how it was going to turn out, but they did an awesome job.

I think part of the original plan was for the mouth to open and close via an actuator, but not sure if that made the final cut.

printhog

thee arent jobs for inexperienced shops... the liability is huge. maybe stick to car wraps and sub this stuff out until you have an engineer on staff to do the the math and an underwriter for your insurance that understands them.