• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk Commercial Die Cut Stickers Machine

jdwilliams1

Hello, could someone please guide me to a solution to manufacture die cut stickers and labels. Trying to find a fest efficient machines that might be used by some of the bigger sticker and label companies.

Looking for something that might even include labels being cut with lasers etc. SOmething beyond the normal printer plotter machines

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jay

FatCat

Really depends on QTY and needs of types of stickers/materials/features you want to produce.

If you're doing LONG runs of the same shape, 10k, 100k or more at a time, etc. AND without a lot of changeovers, then a clamshell press would work great for that.

For more flexibility, a digital cutting table (Zund, ESKO, Summa, etc.) will do that and lots more

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
For die cut stickers, it starts with a roll printer & plotter just like you're probably doing.

Next step up would be a flatbed cutter like a summa, then up a bit from that would be a zund. Maybe a cwt digital die cutter in there.

Parallel to that would be a clamshell die cutter.

Next step up would be a Rotary die cutter.

There's a pretty large gap from here, then you get into the laser die cutters like what spartanics offers ($400k+)

In the print side, the roll printers are catching up fast. The Canon Colorado will run 1200+ sqft per hour at a pretty good quality for under $60k. That will take over half a million dollars in cutting equipment to keep up with if you're cutting small die cut stickers.

We sell them here with free 2nd day air shipping if you just want to sub it out :)

https://www.firesprint.com/fast-free-full-color-vinyl-decals/

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Something on the cheaper side could be for example the Afinia L801 combined with DPR Finisher.
Probably not used by the "bigger companies" but anyways...

DPR-Virgo-VRG22PL-1.jpg

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That's going into roll label. That a whole different list of low end to high end. The output is similar to a die cut sticker, but not the same.

litewave

Great thread. Ive found the summa d120 or d series with opus does a great job for lower volume (and/or quite big stickers). Quite a few examples on youtube worth checking with this term "flexcut summa". Also "summa sheet mode" is often overlooked.

That infinia solution is quite inventive... uses a graphtec entry level ce series for the contour cutting by the looks of it.

FastStickers

I know it's late but I'm adding my two cents here - AVOID SPARTANICS.

I put a $250k deposit on one of their machines many months ago, and they have completely botched the terms of the delivery timing. We still don't have our cutter and they are virtually impossible to get ahold of, or get any information out of.

GB2

Old Member
If anybody is interested, I have an Afinia DLF 220L for sale....I'll list it in the for sale section if I can figure out how that works.

DLF 220L.jpg