• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Design

BALLPARK

I would like your thoughts on a new layout for an additional set of business cards. I currently have some that incorporate a sports theme for our clients within the sporting industry.

However, I would like to also have one for our retail clients. Let me know what changes you would suggest. I know it is not perfect, so please offer up plenty of suggestions. I normally do about 4 or 5 versions of a card before I print, this is V2 of the card. It would be great to get a few new design concepts from you guys. :U Rock:

I would like something clean and incorporates our company colors...

Thanks for your time and thoughts...

Attachments

• BPS-MF-RWB---FRONT.jpg
    BPS-MF-RWB---FRONT.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 76
  • BPS-MF-RWB---BACK.jpg
    BPS-MF-RWB---BACK.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 71

jiarby

<gasp>

What's the swooshy arrows for?
All caps calculator font?

How about you make it look like a ballpark scoreboard?

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 81
  • score2.jpg
    score2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 66

Jillbeans

They both look kind of off balance to me, with almost angry colors.
For example, on the first one, my eye wants to see the logo on the left.
I think I'd try a regular baseball with red stitching as a background.
I really think the digital looking font is cheesy.
Assuming this is the front and back of the same card?
Your logo doesn't stand out at all, and the red and blue create an eye vibration.
Is your logo set in stone?
Because I don't like the font for SIGNS either.
Would look cleaner with the same font as ballpark.
:)
Love.....Jill

Marlene

the first one makes it look like you are the guy who sells all the scoreboards for sports centers. the second one lets people know what it is that you do but sure is awful to read with the LED type font used. what does your company name and tagline mean? sounds like a signs for less kind of thing so confusing it with a sports image just doesn't make sense to me. it's OK to use it to say "we sell signs for less" but I would suggest down playing the sports image so the messge isn't lost.

TheSnowman

That could be a really fun theme. I don't proclaim to be a designer, but I know a bunch of good ones in this forum. Maybe sub it out if you are struggling with it, and see what a fresh mind does on it. Usually doing our own stuff is the hardest part.

Jillbeans

I also don't like how it implies that you are cheap
(lots of price references/discounts etc)
But that's really none of my beeswax.
Here's a suggestion for front and back.

Attachments

• graphic1.jpg
    graphic1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 85

BALLPARK

<gasp>

What's the swooshy arrows for?
All caps calculator font?

How about you make it look like a ballpark scoreboard?

The arrows represents the two types of services we provide for our clients.

1) Retail & Sporting Event Signage
2) Sports Marketing (Sponsorships)

We offer turn-key services for our sporting event clients. We produce the signage and sell the sponsorships.

I will try some new fonts to replace the digital font.

BALLPARK

They both look kind of off balance to me, with almost angry colors.
For example, on the first one, my eye wants to see the logo on the left.
I think I'd try a regular baseball with red stitching as a background.
I really think the digital looking font is cheesy.
Assuming this is the front and back of the same card?
Your logo doesn't stand out at all, and the red and blue create an eye vibration.
Is your logo set in stone?
Because I don't like the font for SIGNS either.
Would look cleaner with the same font as ballpark.
:)
Love.....Jill

The first is the front, the second is the back.

I already have a sporting theme business card. I wanted something simple for the retail clients.

Not sure what you mean by angry colors... Red, white and blue. Are you talking about the color of the blue?

No logo is set in stone, I have not worked on in a quite a bit. I might go back are try some more updated versions...if I can find the time..lol.

BALLPARK

I also don't like how it implies that you are cheap
(lots of price references/discounts etc)
But that's really none of my beeswax.
Here's a suggestion for front and back.

The slogan works out quite well with our clients. Maybe b/c a lot of people ask for a ballpark price. I have gotten a lot of really good feedback about the slogan.

I wanted to stay away from something similar to the Ballpark Franks logo font. But I do like that font...

Jillbeans

If you are set on that I would really simplify your background.
There is just too much color.
Just make your logo big on the front put your laundry list on the back.
I wouldn't put your email on the card assuming there is a contact page on your website, and I would remove the brackets from your area code for a cleaner look.
I can see why customers would like the slogan.

BALLPARK

the first one makes it look like you are the guy who sells all the scoreboards for sports centers. the second one lets people know what it is that you do but sure is awful to read with the LED type font used. what does your company name and tagline mean? sounds like a signs for less kind of thing so confusing it with a sports image just doesn't make sense to me. it's OK to use it to say "we sell signs for less" but I would suggest down playing the sports image so the messge isn't lost.

The first is the front of the card, the second is the back of the card.

We work with High Schools, Colleges, Race Teams, Race Tracks, Minor League Teams, Golf Tournments, etc... on the sporting event side of our business.

We also work with normal retail clients, although we try to focus on companies that advertise within sports. This is how we work them into package deals with sporting events.

The Ballpark Points is simple, every purchase from either retail signage or sports marketing promotions earns our clients points. They can use the points earned to purchase free signage and/or sports marketing promotions.

The slogan has been a good ice breaker with many of our clients that start out wanting a ballpark figure on a project and/or promotion.

BALLPARK

If you are set on that I would really simplify your background.
There is just too much color.
Just make your logo big on the front put your laundry list on the back.
I wouldn't put your email on the card assuming there is a contact page on your website, and I would remove the brackets from your area code for a cleaner look.
I can see why customers would like the slogan.

I will rework the design for the front this weekend and also try some new fonts for the listing of the services.

Yeah, the brackets might need to be removed.

We have a contact page on the website, but I always hate not having an email on a business card that I get from a client. It just seems that in today's communication times, most use e-mail like it is a life line. I know my blackberry gets blown up with emails..lol. So I think I will keep it on there...

Thanks for your input!!!

BALLPARK

I wish I could get ballpark prices. Have you been to a ballpark lately? It's either $8 or $9 for a beer at Great American Ballpark these days.

Wow... funny you should say that. We were just talking the other day about how bad prices have become across the board for a family of 4 to visit a ballpark. CRAZY prices and it is only going to get worse...lol.

I too wish we could increase our prices every year compared to what a sporting event does..lol.

When I was a kid going to a few pro games, it was not so bad. Well my Dad never complained. I would eat a couple hotdogs, drinks and anything else that looked good at the time. I would think if I was a kid today going, my Dad would say..."hey son, wanna split a hotdog and a drink, all I have is $100"...lol.

BALLPARK

Okay...

New design for the front of the card. Let me know what you think of version 3.

Thanks for your input...

Attachments

• BPS-MF-RWB---FRONT-4.jpg
    BPS-MF-RWB---FRONT-4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 65