• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business cards

ucmj22

the wife and I are having a difference of opinion. Top, bottom, or something else?

Attachments

• PhotoBC.jpg
    PhotoBC.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 158

reQ

I like the bottom one, but i would remove the picture (nothing against you lol). Dunno... my opinion

ucmj22

I made the top one, then wanted to tie in with the web design a little more which is why I added the progress bars (multiple on the site) and the image (seen on the about page, although a different image)

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Maybe incorporate some blue from your website so the teal isn't so overpowering?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 694658.jpg
    694658.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 141

OldPaint

since you DO PHOTOGRAPHY...... do you have any PHOTOS... that are outstanding???? you put in background of colors....why not take that "outstanding" photo that you did........use it for the background???
do it in black n white, sepia, or some mono color......then put YOUR TEXT on that.........
not only does it show case YOUR PHOTO SKILLS. but how to make the most of a small space(2" x 3")

vid

Of the two, the top is my preference. In either case there are some visual hang-ups for me.

Top left: The diagonal of the card takes my eye off the layout. When it returns, I find myself looking for something interesting in the in teal field. In flipping the image, I don't find myself searching as much, but rather focusing on the logo.

Top right: I really find myself looking for something interesting in the teal field. Flipping this side, the white at the top of the "ladder" pulls my eye back to read the contact info... circles through the teal part and returns to the white without getting as lost.

Bottom left: I kind of like the idea of the status bars... perhaps a touch narrower. As is, I think it puts too much weight at the bottom of the card and seems a little busy creating some tension near the edge of the card.

Bottom right: The center of the card creates a vibration for me. My eye bounces between the white, teal, photo, and the pinched space between the photo and the teal band never really getting through the rest of the card. Flipping that lower portion, I find myself stepping and cycling through the photo and information in an orderly fashion.

attachment.php

Like HDvinyl, I'd think about pulling that darker teal from your website into the card. The teal color you've got doesn't leave me feeling much other than it's a pretty color combination. The other darker teal has more swagger and confidence.

Finally, for the imagery on the top card, I'd try flipping the image on one side making it look as if the image was printed on glass and one could see through the card.

...but that's my .o2

Attachments

• 101_Molitor.jpg
    101_Molitor.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 153

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I would put a white border on your photo the same thickness as the one on the logo. I don't dig the progress bars. My first thought is you aren't as good with Special Events as you are with Fine Art. While that may be true, I wouldn't put it on a business card.

Attachments

• pho.jpg
    pho.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 124

Jillbeans

Top, with the info (tagline about the types of photos) from the bottom.
The way this is listed on the bottom version is confusing.
If you could make a hybrid combo of the bottom version and use it as the back, that would be good.
Love....Jill

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I get jaded when I read someone is a photographer,
I studied to be one for a while and in my early days
carried a camera around all the time.

I saw your work and you are really good. My sister
nieces and nephew do similar neo-portrait/event
photography very well and they travel all over the place
to do it.

That being said... I dig your quirky pic... but the card does
not reflect the quality and personality of your work. I think
teal should always be used in moderation, I myself, would't
use it, but thats probably because teal was the in color form
1988 - 1992 and 50% of the signs I HAD to design, had tea

I would design something cleaner, less detracting... get them
to your site... I think once they are there, the job is sold.

EDIT: Having just seen your site... the card really does not match the site.
The site is clean, yeah there is teal, but it's not covered in it... Make the
card clean use colors to ties them together, but you don't need the clutter
or massive amounts of teal.... I enjoyed your website...

ucmj22

Thanks for all of the great comments. Sounds like I need to go back in for round 2. Vid, I like what you did with the progress bars. Rick, I didnt set out to be a Photographer, I just bought a decent camera because I wanted to have beautiful pictures of my family. Everybody loved the pictures I was taking, and wanted me to take pics of their kids, then a couple friends wanted me to do their weddings and it kind of went on from there. I think this year could be pretty good. Thanks for taking a look at my site too I havent had any critiques of my photography from anyone other than clients so I appreciate you comments. I'll try and make another couple of layouts tonight.

OldPaint

I HAVE TO SAY........
that photo of you(the profile)is to much like the WANTED POSTERS in the post office)))))))
wife is big into photography and i seem to be her #1 model.......but then iam "pretty." works out well most of the time.her pic was done by a professional........she took the one of me...

Attachments

• henniexmas2014.jpg
    henniexmas2014.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 133
  • hs20 035.jpg
    hs20 035.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 132

ucmj22

I HAVE TO SAY........
that photo of you(the profile)is to much like the WANTED POSTERS in the post office)))))))

LOL, I was just wanting something different than a standard portrait while getting familiar with my new lighting equipment.

Is this attempt any better?

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 140
  • Business Card Mockup 01.jpg
    Business Card Mockup 01.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 120

OldPaint

i like it.........the photo says I TAKE GREAT PICS... and the text tells them who, how and where to get in touch with you.......the purpose of a BUSINESS CARD...
i do a front/back on my cards.........like it better then the split front you have.
the back of my card is just info in plain simple text.....with a cartoon of me...

Attachments

• 2x3bcardasignmint.jpg
    2x3bcardasignmint.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 121

rubo

Nice site! Put some <br> tags in your descriptions - they break funny when changing the aspect ratio of the page, kind of defeats the purpose of being responsive.
attachment.php

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 140

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I think that matches your site more... one thing though
putting your Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest blah blah
means very little if I can't click on your card. You are treating
your like it's dynamic... They will go to your site, or google you,
if they go to your site, then lead them to your social media, if
you can't be seen on google, start working on your SEO... Your
business card will not help your search engine standings and I
think that stuff is clutter.

Another thing I have been doing with another photographer is,
having more than one card, that way you showcase different images.
Cards are cheap, you hand a set of cards to someone, you have
potential for them to hand it too others.