Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

business cards

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by d fleming, May 18, 2017.

1. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Who is every one using for paper printing? I just fired the company I have been using and am researching new vendors. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I use Business Card Express out of New Hampshire and have for years. always been happy

3. WrapYourCar

WrapYourCar Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Lol you fired them.. ok hope they'll be ok...

4. WrapYourCar

WrapYourCar Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    "Sorry but you're fired".. " umm I do supply printing for you but you don't employ me." "Just pack your stuff and go" "umm this is our building.. you don't work here." Lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pauly

Pauly Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    Depends what you want done. some companies do different things.

My current cards are 450gsm with a velvet finish. and i also have a spot varnish on selected parts of my cards. I only have 1 supplier who can do that for me.
    I use them for more basic cards. they also colour match. All digital.

My old supplier couldn't do what i'd have at the moment. But they had a press (not sure what the actual name is) and they where really good. he sold up though. i'd give them a lot of bulk small work to do. never doubted his work.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. d fleming

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Just basic cards. The company I was using is local and did a great job but one of the employees bought it. Now they are absolutely terrible.

7. ChaseO

ChaseO Member

May 3, 2012
    I use signs365 for the cheapies, primoprint for the nice cards, or send them up to our local printer and focus on signs. Vistaprint has killed the profit on cards around here.

8. .

vista ptint for me.. they have sped up their process so now you get them faster and great prices.

9. hcardwell93

hcardwell93 Premium Subscriber

Nov 9, 2015
    Indiana
    I just got some from 4over.com and their sample pack includes some pretty nice products.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    4over and Vista print, both about same prices and delivery time.

11. d fleming

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I don't use cards as a profit center. I do them as a convenience for my sign customers so they don't have to go to 2 places and I don't give another shop a sales opening to get my customer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RJPW

RJPW Major Contributor

Oct 24, 2007
    Canada
    I've been fairly happy with 4over.

We ordered our last batch of cards from them, suede card stock w/ spot uv. Turned out great but the backside spot UV left impressions on the front side of every next card. I guess in hindsight I should've complained......but for how little it costs us I figured I'd make due and it's really only me that notices.

13. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Bingo! One card order could lead to a lost $10k project. We use 4Over for most of our paper printing, they have been good to us.

14. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I do a ton of cards every year and as of now 4over does everything

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  15. fresh

fresh Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    4over for cards, and zoo printing for folded menus and 1/2 color print jobs. I love 4over.

16. eahicks

eahicks Very Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS

Used to do the same thing at my previous shop....it was nice for a while, but it turned into a nightmare dealing with 4over and getting cards in that the colors were off, cutting was bad, etc. Relying on someone else's quality and turnaround ended up not working out and we stopped offering them altogether.

17. fresh

fresh Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Really? I haven't had a problem with 4over in a really long time. I know a few years ago there were some problems, but I haven't had anything redone in as long as I can remember. I love making an easy $75 more on jobs by ordering cards for my clients.

18. shoresigns

shoresigns Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    We use 4over for any paper printing, and we send them some of our coroplast and banners if we're too busy.

19. BobCap

BobCap Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Gilobert, MN
    I have a print shop as part of my sign shop. Give me a call. 218-749-4056. Bob Cap

20. pp_ceo

pp_ceo New Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Wisconsin
    I would consider using DFScolor . They offer a wide range of different products and their pricing is really good. With postcards there shipping price is only $9.95 regardless of quantity or location.