• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business cards

d fleming

Who is every one using for paper printing? I just fired the company I have been using and am researching new vendors. Thanks

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Who is every one using for paper printing? I just fired the company I have been using and am researching new vendors. Thanks
Depends what you want done. some companies do different things.

My current cards are 450gsm with a velvet finish. and i also have a spot varnish on selected parts of my cards. I only have 1 supplier who can do that for me.
I use them for more basic cards. they also colour match. All digital.

My old supplier couldn't do what i'd have at the moment. But they had a press (not sure what the actual name is) and they where really good. he sold up though. i'd give them a lot of bulk small work to do. never doubted his work.

Last edited:

d fleming

Just basic cards. The company I was using is local and did a great job but one of the employees bought it. Now they are absolutely terrible.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I use signs365 for the cheapies, primoprint for the nice cards, or send them up to our local printer and focus on signs. Vistaprint has killed the profit on cards around here.

d fleming

I use signs365 for the cheapies, primoprint for the nice cards, or send them up to our local printer and focus on signs. Vistaprint has killed the profit on cards around here.
I don't use cards as a profit center. I do them as a convenience for my sign customers so they don't have to go to 2 places and I don't give another shop a sales opening to get my customer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't use cards as a profit center. I do them as a convenience for my sign customers so they don't have to go to 2 places and I don't give another shop a sales opening to get my customer.
Bingo! One card order could lead to a lost $10k project. We use 4Over for most of our paper printing, they have been good to us.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Used to do the same thing at my previous shop....it was nice for a while, but it turned into a nightmare dealing with 4over and getting cards in that the colors were off, cutting was bad, etc. Relying on someone else's quality and turnaround ended up not working out and we stopped offering them altogether.

fresh

Used to do the same thing at my previous shop....it was nice for a while, but it turned into a nightmare dealing with 4over and getting cards in that the colors were off, cutting was bad, etc. Relying on someone else's quality and turnaround ended up not working out and we stopped offering them altogether.

Really? I haven't had a problem with 4over in a really long time. I know a few years ago there were some problems, but I haven't had anything redone in as long as I can remember. I love making an easy $75 more on jobs by ordering cards for my clients.

pp_ceo

I would consider using DFScolor . They offer a wide range of different products and their pricing is really good. With postcards there shipping price is only $9.95 regardless of quantity or location.