• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business expense question?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
What kind of camera is allowed as a business expense? i mean a professional one. Not some dinky iphone camera. a real Dslr type?

Johnny Best

I wrote off a Nikon D500 with a 18-300mm lens about 4 years ago. Last year wrote off a 200-500mm lens and a 35mm lens to add to my equipment. Canons also are great to use.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Stuff you buy for your business use is an expense that goes against any profit you have. Doesn't matter if it a camera, computer, cell phone, sign equipment, hammer .. just whatever. Heck, I consider my "uniforms" (my clothes that have my company logos printed on them) as an expense.

Johnny Best

Stuff you buy for your business use is an expense that goes against any profit you have. Doesn't matter if it a camera, computer, cell phone, sign equipment, hammer .. just whatever. Heck, I consider my "uniforms" (my clothes that have my company logos printed on them) as an expense.

And, change your name to Hanes and write off your underwear.

Terry01

A decent camera and a tripod will cost you money, but it is also an asset and can save you time and money
when editing decent images and used in conjunction with your printer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Figures.......another one trying to get me in trouble.

What a putz..........​