• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Insurance

Intense01

I have been trying to get my business insured and have had no luck. What companies are you using for your business insurance. Do you tell them you do vehicle wraps? I want to be upfront so I don't have issues later on down the road if there is a claim.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

SameDay Signs

Allstate has my insurance....I used to say hell with it but then I came into my shop one day and the ceiling leakers a 5' x 5' pool of water and missed my printer by less then a foot....So yea I'd get it asap but Allstate is great with me though I don't recall ever telling them or them asking about wraps

HulkSmash

We use all state. Our insurance has to be higher then most because we do a lot of city contract installs.

but if you're leasing a building normally it will tell you your minimum.

JgS

Liberty Mutual - Had an agent from Wells Fargo to shop a bunch of companies and that were the best fit.

CanuckSigns

Can you operate a business without insurance?

We just had a MAJOR fire which completly wiped out our entire shop, we are back up and running in a new location now, our insurance company has been prettygood to deal with so far, we are with state farm.

Hicalibersigns

We are using Travelers. We also bought Garageman's insurance which covers vehicles while they are in our possession. We do a lot of fleet graphics.

Tim Aucoin

State Farm... Excellent company that made my recent flood claim totally painless (and got me a new laminator to boot) :-D

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Zurich - ours is pretty high and very complex though because we have multiple businesses, own our property, and do a large amount of work for all branches of local, state, and fed govt.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
State Farm...and make sure you add a garage keepers policy to it which will cover if anything happens to customers vehicles while they are in your care.

Suz

Bump - Old Thread Revival

Hi Folks!!!

It's been a while since this thread posted, so I'm curious to see if anyone who previously posted could give any insight on changes they have seen to their Commercial Insurance coverages.

Anybody switched to a new Insurance Company because their Insurance no longer covers "Art" related businesses, or some other change in the type of business they will cover?

Just curious. We have Allstate. Artists and Craftsman type Insurance seems to be a red flag now for Allstate. Fine Art, Art Studio, Studio, Screenprint, Design, Graphic Design, or any combination of those words used in your Advertising or website could cause them to non-renew you. I was told by several of the Agents at Allstate that their Insurance Underwriter looks for those things to non-renew you. Great! This is new information for us, as our coverages were put in place with them knowing that we are an Art-related business. So, Allstate as a Company has changed in that regard, at least in Washington State.

We had additional coverage on our home to cover a shop which is detached from the house and used for business. We also have a separate policy for our other location, which is a retail spot downtown.

We're having to find new Insurance that covers all of the Services we offer at both locations.

Anybody else have that situation? If so, what brand of Insurance are you considering or have you switched to?

One of my neighbors (also an Artist - and Musician) told me "Liberty Insurance" was very good. Her husband who builds custom cabinets and furniture has it for his business.

I'll be following up on any potential leads. Your helps is much appreciated! Thank you. :loveya:

rjssigns

Hi Suz,

We just renewed with Rockford Mutual. Million dollar "blanket" with $35K on equipment. Around 400 bucks per year. No issues with us doing signs, etc...

RJ

Suz

RJ,

Very kind of you, good price! I pay over $550.00 on the Commercial business Insurance alone. I do have a million dollar liability, and I think my equipment is close to what you have. Great info. Will check that one out too and see if it's available in WA State for what I need. Thank you!

Hi Suz,

We just renewed with Rockford Mutual. Million dollar "blanket" with $35K on equipment. Around 400 bucks per year. No issues with us doing signs, etc...

RJ

Suz

RJ,

Very kind of you, good price! I pay over $550.00 on the Commercial business Insurance alone. I do have a million dollar liability, and I think my equipment is close to what you have. Great info. Will check that one out too and see if it's available in WA State for what I need. Thank you!

Hi Suz,

RJ

Pippin Decals

I use Allstate as well. 1 Million dollar policy runs me 27.00 a month and that covers everything from my equipment to anyone helping me on a job..

Suz

Primal,

Thanks for adding your input. Much appreciated.

As of this afternoon, I'm done worrying. I have Insurance State Farm for my business policy, it is within walking distance to my shop. How easy is that? And my old friend of 20 years will be servicing my policy. Should have went with him years ago. In a couple months, home and auto will follow. I was one of their claim-free clients with accident forgiveness. Sorry I will be giving up accident forgiveness when I take my Auto out of Allstate, but I am sure State Farm will have their perks as well.

Thanks again to those who posted!

I use Allstate as well. 1 Million dollar policy runs me 27.00 a month and that covers everything from my equipment to anyone helping me on a job..