• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business licenses for massachusetts greater boston area

LavelleSign

I should know this but, with speaking with the licensure department, and law librarian both cant exactly tell me which ones I need to be fully legal.

I understand I need to register with the city clerk and get a ST-4 cert for resale and tax.

since signs can fall into similar areas of painting and construction is there additional licenses needed. No on location fabrication yet but there will be installation.

I apologize for the ultra n00b business question.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What type of signs?
Are you installing electrical signs... if you are, are you at a journeyman level?

LavelleSign

all electric signs will be outsourced. Manufactured and installed by a UL listed shop. The most exciting thing I would personally be doing is installing wall signs, monument signs, banners, post & panel etc, off ladders, all crane work will be outsourced and resold.

BobM

I've been operating in Massachusetts for 12 years with a State tax registration. The town bills me personal property tax for my computers, cutters and business equipment. No other business registrations. I sub out electrical hookups/connections.