• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Management 6/18/2020 The 5S methodology

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
In the first thread, Notarealsignguy introduced the 5S system. I did some research and learned this:
5S represents Japanese words that describe the steps of a workplace organization process. English equivalent words are shown in parenthesis
  1. Seiri (Sort)
  2. Seiton (Straighten, Set)
  3. Seiso (Shine, Sweep)
  4. Seiketsu (Standardize)
  5. Shitsuke (Sustain)
5S is defined as a methodology that results in a workplace that is clean, uncluttered, safe, and well organized to help reduce waste and optimize productivity. It's designed to help build a quality work environment, both physically and mentally.
Also, James Burke mentioned the “Shopfloor Series” - A Set of 16 Books (Paperback) available from Amazon and various other sources.
I appreciate that several S101 members participated in the discussion.
Today, let’s continue to seek more input. If you have experience in using 5S, feel free to contribute. If you have any questions, please ask. Maybe someone here might be able to help.
Also, feel free to bring up other business management topics which we might use in future threads.