• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buttons for roll feed problem

meris

Hi
I have problem with my Mutoh RockHopper I. Suddenly the buttons for moving roll back and forth do not work. Check nozzle prints the boxes then feed roll to the end of roll end shows "End of roll" message. Before that I feed roll that has been printed and had error "Undefined media", but can't believe that can cause the problem. The buttons are working in other options, I can use them in menu and can hear little beep when try to feed roll back and forth.

Any clue what can be a problem???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Meris

meris

Looks like no one have idea what can cause my problem ... ok! :noway:

Does any body know where I can find electronic schema of the main board for Mutor Rockhopper I (or Falcon Outdoor)??? That will help me to figure out what controls the keyboard panel and display which I have problem with!

Thanks in advance if any help

Meris

randya

If you load a print, the carriage sensor does not see white on the media and so gives an "Undefined Media". Of if the media is loaded too far left or right.

Media does not feed, in this case, because it does not think media is loaded.

meris

I'm loading now clear foil (or paper) and still is not working. I loaded printed media once when that started, after that I'm trying with clean media and having this problem.

Thanks

randya

Clear or white?

Clear media will not auto detect. You will need to turn media detect off.

I suspect that you are loading the media incorrectly, do you have a users manual?

Last edited:

meris

Fixed

Thank you randya, you were close ....

He, when you are self teaching then sometime you get simple lessons but on hard way.

The problem was on settings for media. It was set to cut media instead on roll (I never use cut media, actually I use cut but under roll ... ). I had no clue, but just learned (on hard way) that buttons for moving (or feeding) media back and forth are not working when the media selector is set on cut media. Even check nozzle works differently?!

Any way, after I switched to roll media printer is working now.
Just wanted to share this ... may save some hard time figuring out why buttons aren't working as expected...

Thanks
Meris :supersmilie: