• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a take-up roll secondhand at a 30% discount

bulbus_maximus

Hi,

My Roland dealer tells me that they currently only have a secondand take-up roll which they have been using as a demo piece.
He is saying that a new take-up roll will take time which he cannot guarantee how long.

So I was wondering, if it makes sense to go for the secondhand takeup roll. Or do you think I should insist for a new piece.

We do a lot of print and cut works and have managed laboriously to maintain the alignment for long print and cut jobs and hence we really need the take-up roll now. My concern with a secondhand one was that there could be slight alignment or tension problems that could make the difference for a job to be a success or failure. Is this true or do you think that the takeup system is not very technically sophisticated and just a mechanical apparatus that does not warrant so much concern. They say that they will give the secondhand at 30% discount.

So which do you feel is better - secondhand (USD 1400) or a brand new one (USD 2000).

Thank you very much

Gene@mpls

Not sure how well that will work for you on print and cut jobs- they work great on long print jobs of course