• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying First Digital Printer - Used Or New?

Sven

I’m looking into buying a digital printer and laminator, and I’m hoping spend under 15G. Is it worth it to buy used, or is it not worth the aggravation? I had someone tell me that a printer will likely start to have problems after about 5 years of use. Anybody have positive or negative experiences with a used printer?

rcook99

I am waiting for my used Mutoh VJ1204 to be delivered from the dealer. It has a new print head and mother board and has been completely gone through. I will let you know how I make out. For me I just did not want to spend the money on a new one based on my volume. In fact the dealer is Graphic Resource Systems in NJ. I have been dealing with Dave and I am pretty sure he has another Mutoh he is taking in that is either 54" or 64" not sure. I know they go completely through them before putting them back up for sale. Mine even came with a takeup reel. I will say to this point they are very easy to deal with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If 15k is your limit, you're gonna have to go used. With any printer, it's only wise to get a matching [in size] laminator. Also, go with a 54" or larger if you can find it. There's a Merchant Member here that serves your area and deals with new & used equipment and his Dad is a top notch tech.

Dave at GRS or DanRamm76

Graphix Guru

Hi Sven,

If you're looking to buy a good used digital printer & laminator, I have a lightly-used HP Designjet 9000S & a GBC Arctic Titan 165 for sale. Both are in excellent condition & were bought in October of 2006. The HP was under warranty until 4/11 & continues to print great. I can get you up & running with the printer, laminator, infrared dryer (to dry your solvent prints) & ONYX Postershop RIP software for well under $15K.

If you'd like more specifics on everything I'm selling, email me at sales@gurugraphix.net.

Thanks,

Trent

nate

I’m looking into buying a digital printer and laminator, and I’m hoping spend under 15G. Is it worth it to buy used, or is it not worth the aggravation? I had someone tell me that a printer will likely start to have problems after about 5 years of use. Anybody have positive or negative experiences with a used printer?

Sven,
I have 2 Roland XJ-740 units and 1 Epson GS6000 for sale, all under 15K. PM me for details.

Thanks,
Nate

CS-SignSupply-TT

Out with the HP9000, in with...???

Hi Sven,

If you're looking to buy a good used digital printer & laminator, I have a lightly-used HP Designjet 9000S & a GBC Arctic Titan 165 for sale. Both are in excellent condition & were bought in October of 2006. The HP was under warranty until 4/11 & continues to print great. I can get you up & running with the printer, laminator, infrared dryer (to dry your solvent prints) & ONYX Postershop RIP software for well under $15K.

If you'd like more specifics on everything I'm selling, email me at sales@gurugraphix.net.

Thanks,

Trent

Trent, what did you buy to replace the HP9000 and the GBC Arctic Titan?

petepaz

If 15k is your limit, you're gonna have to go used. With any printer, it's only wise to get a matching [in size] laminator. Also, go with a 54" or larger if you can find it. There's a Merchant Member here that serves your area and deals with new & used equipment and his Dad is a top notch tech.

Dave at GRS or DanRamm76

+1
i have delt with these guys also and have ahd good results