• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying Gold Leaf online, anyone done it?

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I havn't done any gold leaf work for many years. I agreed to restore a carved gold leaf sign for a good customer and started looking at gold prices, WOW! I noticed that some companies offer 23K gold leaf online at very reasonable prices. I live in the boonies so getting it is not easy.
Has anyone tried ordering gold online? If so how did it work out?

fresh

I havn't done any gold leaf work for many years. I agreed to restore a carved gold leaf sign for a good customer and started looking at gold prices, WOW! I noticed that some companies offer 23K gold leaf online at very reasonable prices. I live in the boonies so getting it is not easy.
Has anyone tried ordering gold online? If so how did it work out?

I order gold from The Gold Leaf Company.
http://www.goldleafcompany.com/

I've gotten both 23K gold patent and loose leaf, and they are good enough for me. But I'm not really an expert, so who knows. I'm sure if you go with Manetti or other Italian gold leaf, it will probably be a better, but I'm content with what they claim is leaf from Germany.

lexsigns

I use art essentials in NY- they have many different to choose from and competitive pricing- the more you buy the better the deal. Get aleast 10 packs for the best pricing. I would be weary of buying online from an unknown co- if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Gold is thrpough the roof now.

Billct2

I also use Art Essentials, they have a lot of alternative sources, mostly Asian that have some good pricing.