• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bypass printing and use as cutter? CJV30-130

dmin3212

Hello!

We have a CJV30 that we would like to use as a cutter despite the fact that there are printhead errors. When I first turn the machine on, I get the "head voltage 42v" or something like that, I have replaced the fuse to see if I can get past that error to no avail. We have other printers to cover the workload, so no problem there. What we don't have is a 54" cutter. It would be nice to use this but I'm not sure if it's possible to get past the error and still use the machine as a cutter.

Any insight on this? Am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Hello!

We have a CJV30 that we would like to use as a cutter despite the fact that there are printhead errors. When I first turn the machine on, I get the "head voltage 42v" or something like that, I have replaced the fuse to see if I can get past that error to no avail. We have other printers to cover the workload, so no problem there. What we don't have is a 54" cutter. It would be nice to use this but I'm not sure if it's possible to get past the error and still use the machine as a cutter.

Any insight on this? Am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Buy a non working head for a few dollhares? If that doen't work you'll need to get the motherboard fixed.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try changing the head cables on the head especially if they are dirty or damaged. That could be causing the error.