• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAD drawings on HP Latex 360?

Brandon708

I have a customer that needs about (60) 3'x4' prints on paper. They usually get them at Kinko's for 75 cents per square foot ($9)
My question is what kind of paper should I use? Most papers I use currently are to thick. They just want regular paper like they are getting at kinkos. So I'm thinking it would be best to find either a roll of 50" or 38" paper.

Any recommendations on paper and how many passes?

The prints are just black and white drawings.

Thanks!

AF

I hate to say it, but any reprographic company will laser those sheets out in 1/100th the time it will take you and be around 2 bucks a sheet while turning a profit on the job. Refer them out or farm it out. If you are determined to do it with your latex, then use 20# engineering bond and make a very low-ink custom 4p bidi profile to keep your cost down. Latex heat and water inks will distort the paper enough to irritate the end user who will be expecting straight lines and constant scale.

Brandon708

I hate to say it, but any reprographic company will laser those sheets out in 1/100th the time it will take you and be around 2 bucks a sheet while turning a profit on the job. Refer them out or farm it out. If you are determined to do it with your latex, then use 20# engineering bond and make a very low-ink custom 4p bidi profile to keep your cost down. Latex heat and water inks will distort the paper enough to irritate the end user who will be expecting straight lines and constant scale.

Thanks for the reply. I was expecting this type of outcome with the heat and type of inks. I just sold two of my old hp5500 printers a few months ago that would of worked well for this type of job. I really don't want to buy one of those again. I was just hoping to see if anyone had success with printing cad drawings and a very low temp and low pass for fast printing.