• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera buy back option?

milchad

I've read on the forums that some people have been able to trade in their license key for Onyx to save money and use Caldera as their preferred RIP. I'm looking at a Seiko Colorpainter and the sales rep said it ships with the RIP and nothing can be taken off. Does the savings come from Caldera?

milchad

Normal Price: $3,795.00
Cross Upgrade Price (competitor rip trade in required): $1,695.00 (**This is a huge savings of $2,100.00 if you are willing to trade in your old rip software dongle!)

GrandRip+ Standard US Package includes the following:

**2 Large Format Drivers
**2 Grand Format Drivers
**VisualCut (for supported roll plotter)
**GrandCut (for supported flatbed cutter)
**APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine)
**EasyMedia (Color Profiling Engine/Color Management)

Normal Price: $5,495.00
Cross Upgrade Price w/o GrandCut (competitor rip trade in required): $2,295.00 (**This is a huge savings of $3,200.00 if you are willing to trade in your old rip software dongle!)
Cross Upgrade Price w/ GrandCut Included (competitor rip trade in required): $4,290.00 (**This is a huge savings of $1,205.00 if you are willing to trade in your old rip software dongle!)

VisualCut

For Graphtec, Summa, Mimaki, Mutoh and Roland roll cutters and Zünd cut tables, VisualCUT will automatically set up cut marks for the specific device it is driving and guide the machine along the document’s embedded contours.

GrandCut

For large-format flatbed cutters without direct piloting, GrandCUT generates a machine-specific file for each individual job to ensure the most precise cut. This would allow you to print your cutting marks, etc. for your Kongsberg cutter right inside the Caldera rip.

Additional Large Format Driver Cost

Additional LFP driver
*Specific printer manufacturer and model name required
$1,295.00
Pack of 2 additional LFP drivers
$1,995.00
Pack of 3 additional LFP drivers
$2,595.00

HulkSmash

Caldera is hands down 100% the best rip on the market. Like most things good, it isn't cheap. The more printers you have
the more the cost. The more color control, the more the cost.

But overall -

Superior Product, A Support team that goes beyond.
Constant updates. Constant reaching out.
NO COST for customer support unlike many other rips.

Ditchmiester

Caldera is hands down 100% the best rip on the market. Like most things good, it isn't cheap. The more printers you have
the more the cost. The more color control, the more the cost.

But overall -

Superior Product, A Support team that goes beyond.
Constant updates. Constant reaching out.
NO COST for customer support unlike many other rips.

I completely agree with ColaradoSigns we were Onyx Thrive users and had a lot of issues with it but we went with it because we were strictly a PC shop and after a couple of years I convinced my boss to buy a 500$ mac mini and demo Caldera. We switched that same week. It is by far the best rip out there. We love it and the support is amazing. We also got an 800 dollar credit on our bill for trading in our Onyx.

ProColorGraphics

I too second Caldera!! I honestly bought it because I was an all Mac shop. Haha. But also after reading and researching, Almout every large shop out there that I looked at, that used the HP latex printer that I was buying, used it and highly recommended it. There customer support is awesome!! I also upgrade to the new version every time they come out as well.

Bly

Some support would be nice.
After upgrading to v11 Onyx and getting their Advantage pack in the deal there is still no option to contact support.
Not even an email address. Phone support is a paid extra.
Although from using them in the past they were fairly clueless anyway.