• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera & Kongsberg - Cut file rotation problem

ChrisN

We just got a new CET flatbed, and we went with Caldera for the RIP. Now, I'm trying to get Caldera and our Kongsberg iXL-24 to play nicely together. My problem is that the cut files from Caldera are not the correct orientation. I have to manually rotate everything 90 degrees counter clockwise so the orientation of the cut lines match the orientation of the sheet on the table. I've tried using the i-script cutter and the generic cut file cutter in Caldera, but both of these output the wrong orientation. Plus, on top of that, the generic cut file cutter didn't generate a long enough barcode (8 characters vs. 12). It seems odd to me that it is so hard to get it working, because the orientation of the sheet on-screen in Caldera matches the on-screen orientation in i-cut, but Caldera assumes the orientation is different and there is no way to tell it otherwise. The length of the sheet is horizontal, and the width is vertical on-screen in Caldera, the CET controller, and i-cut.

Does anyone else have this particular setup? What I want to be able to do is have the cutter read the barcode, and then automatically load and run the file, but with the rotation being wrong, that doesn't work.

Caldera 10.1 build 150714, MGE i-cut 6.3.2 build 11k