• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calibration Decals/Labels

WestcoastSigns

Does anyone know how they make calibration decals like in the link below?
http://www.qclabels.com/Self-Laminating-Calibration-Labels/Self-Laminating-Labels.aspx

These have a portion of the decal with laminate that still has the backing paper on it so you can write with marker and then cover it with the laminate after.

We have someone that wants this type of decal but printed with more than one colour. The ones I see only have one colour probably thermal printed. Can you buy special laminate thas already has part of the backing taken off? Hoping I can print on our Roland and then use a laminate that's been previously cut.

WestcoastSigns

What kind of qty are you talking about?

They want samples but 500 to start and then reorders of a few thousand.

After checking into this stuff I'm now interested in finding out where to buy the laminate for these types of labels. I've never seen it sold anywhere so thinking that is custom too to get the hinged effect on the decals.

royster13

Call Stickerman.....As far as I know they print them on a flexo press and can do up to 6 colours....About 200.00 for 1,000.....25.00 extra per colour....

MikeH

What type of laminator do you have? How many un-winds are on it? If you have three it may be doable.

WestcoastSigns

What type of laminator do you have? How many un-winds are on it? If you have three it may be doable.

Wouldn't the laminate have to be scored from the back and the backing paper taken off so that the laminate will be covering the hinged areas of the decals? Would be great to buy the laminate already prepared this way but have never seen it.

royster13

Well "Good Luck" because I think you are trying to do something that would best be left to a label supplier that does stuff like this every day.....

WestcoastSigns

Well "Good Luck" because I think you are trying to do something that would best be left to a label supplier that does stuff like this every day.....

Yeah I know that's why I'm trying to find out what supplies are used. They want CMYK design fine line work not the one colour thermal type printing that is out there now.

MikeH

My $0.02 worth is you will probably not find a film with the release liner custom cut scored for your job.

But if you want to try it this is how I would.
1. setup the laminate as you normally would on top, rewinding the liner.
2. feed the used liner with the silicone towards the PS adhesive offset to the side you want it.
3. Feed the label in a roll off the bottom.
Everything comes together at the nip point and then dye cut.
If you cannot feed three rolls at one time, sheet out the labels and the release liner, stack them with the offset silicone side up and feed them into your laminator.