• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all Vutek PressVu 200/600 operators!

SublimeGraphics

We recently took delivery of a PressVu 200/600 - 4 colour version.

We are having issues with overheating coro when printing less than 6' wide, I am sure it has to do with the lamps spending more time over the coro when only printing a 4' wide sheet and not giving the coro a chance to cool down a bit between passes of the head. I have tried both lowering lamp power and running only trailing lamps both of which solve the problem with the melted coro but the ink doesn't cure properly.

Does anyone know if there is a setting for me to add delay between head passes or for the head to go all the way across the bed rather than only as wide as the media?

any tips would be great
thanks

gregwallace

Is the coro actually melting or is it just bowing upward causing headstrikes? What is your head height? I run a qs2000 usually in 540 dpi. I can also run in 1080 dpi but it prints much slower(effectively 16 pass). The 1080 gets significantly better curing at medium lamps with leading lamp only. Something like this could be a temporary fix for heavy coverage prints on coro. I assume you are running 8 pass? Also are your lamps overheating? Uni or Bidirectional?

dlndesign

Have you tried turning the lamps down? I run a GS3250 and we don't run coro on it because of the lamps heating it up too much. I haven't sworked with a PressVu 200/600, but that's where I would start. Also, I would make sure the the heads are going the full length of the material as well, you have a head going back with UV bulbs on a 4' spot, its definitely going to heat up faster. I am not sure if Fiery has a setting to delay, but my opinion is that they would. Can you call support?

ImagePress

I know when we had issues with coro it was usually when the bulbs were reaching the end of their life. As they get older they start producing more heat and less curing (UV). Also, what speed are you running the press? Have you tried slowing it down?

paulra

Coro

I run a QS220, When I run 4' x 8' coro I make the print file 75" x 96" so the head goes all the way across and more time to cool, also low heat.