• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling mutoh gurus! Help me please

OldiOneKANEWBIE

OK so I recently rebuilt a toucan lt 64: flushed printheads, replaced lines to pumps, and replaced ink lines from the metal lines to the dampers . My question is do I need to prime the ink at the dampers or will the pumps prime the ink? I don't have a manual so I'm not sure how to get to ink refill on the menu! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Please and thank you!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am not familiar with that toucan but when I changed out the head on my vj1304 I used a syringe to pull ink into the new dampers before seating them on the head.
1 or 2 strong cleans had the head filled and ready to print.

wayne k
guam usa

OldiOneKANEWBIE

I am not familiar with that toucan but when I changed out the head on my vj1304 I used a syringe to pull ink into the new dampers before seating them on the head.
1 or 2 strong cleans had the head filled and ready to print.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks, I will give it a try!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Although the print heads in the toucan are different than the Vj1304, GAC05 is correct. You could also just let the pumps prime the system since you replaced everything and it's all empty. That would be my suggestion. When you let the pump do all the work, it gives you a better idea of what is working properly and what might have an air leak etc.

OldiOneKANEWBIE

Although the print heads in the toucan are different than the Vj1304, GAC05 is correct. You could also just let the pumps prime the system since you replaced everything and it's all empty. That would be my suggestion. When you let the pump do all the work, it gives you a better idea of what is working properly and what might have an air leak etc.

OK so will doing a strong head cleaning do it or do I need to do an ink refill, still not sure how to get to ink refill on b the menu, it's not obvious in the menus and I have no manual