• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAMM-1 GR-640

1leonchen

i am looking to buy CAMM-1 GR-640. my supplier has one. i have used only the original cam 1 cutter from Roland and it was top of its class in my days. i could cut and detail on that machine . i am looking a comparison from a person who has has machine. i am coming from Roland cutters, us cutter 721 mh , suma , mimaki fx2, graphtec fc and mk series. i have installed over 25 cutter for other shops.my honest opinion mimaki, summa and Roland are the best cutters i have used in my sign career. i have to wait 45 days for a mimaki cutter so i chose Roland. summa is very expensive compared to the Roland.

how is the contour cut features on the CAMM-1 GR-640. how is the usability. how good is the perf cut. how often does it miss
registration marks. how does the optical sensor do when printing reflective with gloss laminate. i just want a end user opinion. thanks and have a great day.

rjssigns

Years back I used a Roland plotter then I bought a 24" Summa which served me well. Recently bought another Summa. This time a 54" model. You may want to compare specs between the Roland and a Summa/Airmark.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
bit the bullet and went for the rolqnd. should be here in Month. i will let u know how it peforms

How is the GR working for you? We got one a little over a year ago, and right out of the gate nothing worked, there were firmware upgrades one after another. We have been less than impressed with this machine. I still have not dialed in the perf cut - it will either not cut thru the liner, or it mangles what has been cut and the material gets jammed - fatal error. I"ve spent hours trying to dial that in to something successful. I have many other issues with the Roland CAMM-1 GR-640. So how has it been working for you?