• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CAMM-1 PNC 1000 cutting random characters

MLewisPTM

Hello,
Our PNC 1000 recently developed an issue where it is cutting random numbers or letters instead of the design. It is connected to a dedicated PC running Vista, and has been for some time without issue. The computer is totally offline (not connected to a network) and so hasn't received any updates. I am the IT guy here and while I'm familiar with the operation of printers and the like, I do not have much experience with these vinyl cutters. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MLewisPTM

Forgot to mention:
It is connected to the computer via a USB adapter, which we have already tried replacing.

PNC 1000 ?:clapping: Just let it die in piece, it served it's duty. I mean this machines is probably more than 20 yo, maybe 30 ? If you really need to fix it you should change ALL the electrolytic capacitors on the board as they dries out after two decades, all other components lasts about forever.

Jackpine

Hello,
Our PNC 1000 recently developed an issue where it is cutting random numbers or letters instead of the design. It is connected to a dedicated PC running Vista, and has been for some time without issue. The computer is totally offline (not connected to a network) and so hasn't received any updates. I am the IT guy here and while I'm familiar with the operation of printers and the like, I do not have much experience with these vinyl cutters. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I had a PNC-1000 years ago. I connected it to a serial port. It cut smoother than parallel port. I would get a Graphtec
CE series. I just picked up a Graphtec 5000 15" for $350.00. I use a CE-3000Mk2 24" for a
long time.

I had a PNC-1000 years ago. I connected it to a serial port. It cut smoother than parallel port. I would get a Graphtec
CE series. I just picked up a Graphtec 5000 15" for $350.00. I use a CE-3000Mk2 24" for a
long time.

I started the whole business with a used pnc 1000, I really loved the quality - not worse than the gx-24 by all means but the lever clamp :banghead: oh how much I hated that little f*cker.