• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can a Roland XC540 be converted to Dye Sublimation?

gmarshall

We have two XC540's and are curious if one of them could be converted as opposed to going out and investing in a new sublimation printer. If you have any thoughts, we would love to hear them.

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know you used to be able to do this, as we looked into it for an older Roland model. Everything gets changed out in order to make it happen. Once you do it, there's really no turning back. The newer models, I would imagine you still can, but only Roland or I believe it was SawGrass can tell you.

Signed Out

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead. Is this possible? In my case we would want to convert an XJ 540 to dye sub. Looks to be the same chassis at least as rolands dye sub machine.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I'm sure you can. You'll just need to figure out what rip to and how to get the proper ink profiles. The conversion will be pretty easy. We've done it on a few mimakis and mutohs and you just flush the ink with solvent flush then with sublimation flush and then fill with sublimation ink. I'm pretty sure you could easily do it with jtech ink in a bulk feed and wasatch as a rip and then you'll need a chip resetter as well.

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead. Is this possible? In my case we would want to convert an XJ 540 to dye sub. Looks to be the same chassis at least as rolands dye sub machine.
to