• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone tell me what makes a HP leave streaks on each end of a print

TheSnowman

I've had this mildly for a while now, but now it's getting kind of bad. I'm sure there's some kind of cleaning, or maybe a print head needs replaced, I don't know, but didn't want to start guessing if someone could tell me for sure what it was that's causing it.

It leaves streaks in the gutter on each side of my prints, and where there is white in the print, it's sometimes in there too. Picture attached. Anyone know what causes it?

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 157

AF

Sometimes a piece of the printhead cleaning kit material or media gets stuck to the carriage. You need to pull the kit and look at the bottom of the carriage with a flashlight for debris.

TheSnowman

Figured it out. My maintenance cartridge was at 10%. I just put the new one in and that brought it back to life. I should have known that...dumb mistake.