• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can I bypass Ink fill after factory reset on SP-540V

EpicEffex

Hey everyone, I took a bit of a hiatus from sign making and am jumping back in. I recently purchased a SP540V and went a head and refurbished it head to toe. I performed a factory reset and performed the ink fill procedure. My problem is it was running the fill procedure for quite some time and I had already manually pulled ink from the cartridges to the dampers. So when I checked the waste bottle during this process it damn near emptied a quarter of my new cartridges. So I terminated the process. Now every time I turn on the machine it asks me what type of ink I am using and wants to perform another fill. I don't feel like losing anymore ink. Is there a way to bypass this portion of the setup?

I did do a search on here for info regarding this issue but came up with nothing.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The simplest way to do this is to disconnect the cap lines from the pump and let the ink fill run its course. This way it goes through the motions without wasting your ink.

EpicEffex

Thank you Jim! I went ahead and in service mode changed the ink type manually to MAX and the message has gone away. Phew!